Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Len.

I was in class before Miku that day, but when she did show up, her face was red and she seemed out of breath. As she got to her seat beside me, I frowned and looked at her.

"What's wrong?" I asked. She shook her head frantically.

"N-Nothing, it's nothing," she huffed between breaths, "You're here early."

I frowned. "Yeah, so are you. What I don't get is why you're so out of breath. Were you running or something?"

Miku.

I wasn't going to go ahead and say it in Len's face, so I went with a slightly skewed version of the truth.

"I'm a disgrace," I murmured, "I'm supposed to be graceful, but..."

"What happened?" Len sounded as if he genuinely cared.

"I...bumped into a fellow student."

"Who?"

"It doesn't matter who it was!" I stopped myself from smacking him with a leek, "...It was Mikuo."

Len looked up at the ceiling, as if he was thinking hard about something. "You mean the guy with the moppy teal hair?"

Images of Mikuo flashed through my mind. I buried my face in my hands. "Yes...that guy. Okay?"

"So why did you run up here?" Len just wouldn't stop, "I mean, Mikuo's a nice guy, isn't he? Didn't he apologize or something? I know he sometimes stops randomly in the hall and sometimes he just changes direction really, really fast..."

"Yeah, yeah, he helped me up and asked if I was okay," I wished that Len would just stop.

"Then why are you out breath?"

"BECAUSE I RAN UP HERE, YOU IDIOT!!" I smacked him with a leek that time; he was getting on my nerves. I began inhaling and exhaling really quickly.

Len rubbed his face. "Oh, I think I get it...," he began, his face half red. I silently dared him to continue.

"What?" that was all that managed to escape my mouth. It came out in a vicious hiss.

Len took his hand off of his face and prodded me in the shoulder. "You like Mikuo," he whispered with a grin.

I scrunched up my face. How dare he? "I do not!"

"Denial, denial!" Len laughed as Rin walked into the classroom. Suddenly, Len stopped laughing like a maniac and fell silent. He began looking around the classroom, occasionally glancing at Rin.

I have his shoulder a nudge. "You like Rin, don't you, Lenny boy?" I whispered, wearing a grin similar to the one he wore only seconds ago.

"N-No!" Len retorted.

"Now who's denying it?" I snickered, "Don't worry, I'm not telling."

Len crossed his arms. "You better not," he said, "I'm taking my time."

"Hey, Len," I watched Rin wave to him as she came closer.

"Uh, hey!" Len grinned like a doofus. Rin tilted her head sideways.

"Is something wrong?" she asked him. I could barely keep my laughter inside of me.

Rin.

Miku and Len were acting kind of strange when I walked into class. I would've tried to find out why they were being so weird if the teacher hadn't shown up when she did.

"Okay, better get back to my seat," I said quickly, walking up to my seat near the front of the class.

I wasn't really a nerd, I just really liked stuff like science and math and English...but wait, maybe that does make me a nerd. Anyway, I really liked that particular class. It was chemistry, and personally, it was the most fun out of all the sciences. I fixed the white bow that was in my hair and flipped open my notebook.

"Class, today we'll be forming lab groups for the activity tomorrow," the teacher announced, "I'll hand out the instructions once you guys are partnered up, and then you can start answering the questions and looking over the instructions."

I turned to look at Len, who seemed to be focusing intently on the board, even though there was nothing written on it. I waved to him silently, smiling. He blinked at looked at me, grinning sort of sheepishly and waving back. He had his hair tied back again, and it looked like a cute little tree sticking out of the back of his head.

Miku.

I watched as Len grinned like a doofus when Rin waved at him. He was adorable in that way, I suppose, but I definitely did not like him the way I liked Mikuo. Mikuo's eyes were a much more dazzling shade of blue. They were the colour of the ocean and of the sapphires found in ancient relics. His hair also glimmered, cutting across his face and eyes, and that smile of his was...I stopped myself from drooling over Mikuo and nudged Len.

"What?" He asked.

"You're gonna be partners with Rin?" I smirked.

"Hmph," Len stuck his tongue out at me, "She's already said yes to that."

That Len. Thinks he's so smart, just 'cause he's pulling all the right moves on that blond chick. Well, he might as well give it a shot, I thought. They did look sort of cute together, almost like reflections, somehow.

The teacher handed out the questions and instructions, and then instructed everyone to partner up. I got out of my seat and looked around for a partner, keeping an eye on Len as he walked up to Rin.

Sorry, you guys, short chapter, I know. I promise I'll make it up to you and release a longer one soon!