Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Rin.

After lunch I had math class, so as I headed upstairs, I bumped into Kaito. He's in my math class, so I figured that that's where he was headed.

"Hey!" I grinned, "You coming to math?"

He looked down at me with a sullen expression that was unlike the Kaito I knew. "I always go to class, Rin, you know that," he said.

I frowned as we continued up the stairs. He pulled the door open and stepped in after me.

"Is something wrong, Kaito?" I whispered.

"Hmm?" Kaito looked at me, "Everything's fine."

"You're coming to the music club's meeting this afternoon, right?" Kaito was one of the members of the club, along with Yuma and some others.

He blinked as we headed down the hall. "Dammit, that's today, isn't it?" He frowned, "I completely forgot."

"Oh," something was definitely wrong with him, "It's a good thing that I reminded you, then!"

"I can't come," Kaito said quickly, heading into the classroom. I followed him, at a loss for words.

I followed him over to his seat and stared at him for a second. Where was the Kaito I knew, and who was this replacement? Where was the Kaito who took everyone out for ice cream, and drove everyone to the amusement park last summer? I bit my lip and slammed my books down on his desk.

He didn't flinch, but the rest of the class did. I didn't care; I just stared right into his eyes, a scowl planted across my face.

"What the hell's wrong with you, Kaito?" I yelled, "I don't care if you can't come to the meeting, but what bugs me is the way you're acting! You're not the Kaito I know!"

"Shut up, Rin!" Kaito yelled, pushing me back. I stumbled back and crashed into a student. She helped me back up and I grabbed my books off of Kaito's desk and stomped over to my seat, keeping my eyes on him the entire time, my glare boring into his.

This was not the Kaito I knew.

I know it's super short, but it's pretty powerful, too. They'll get longer soon! Hope you enjoyed! Things are falling apart for Kaito, aren't they?