Chapter 89

Chapter 89

Len.

I was lying in bed, thinking about all that had happened today. It seemed like so much had occurred, all at once, and it really had. Haku Yowane, as unlikely as it seemed, was perhaps the key to the truth about me and Rin. I swore to myself that no matter what the truth was, I would still love Rin. It'd be hard to stop loving her, actually.

I didn't care what anyone would think. Oliver, Gumi and Yuma were okay with it; they were supporting me and Rin. I was sure that Kaito, Miku and the others would be fine with it, too. Maybe I was just too afraid at first.

My mom didn't need to know. Even if she would claim to be okay with it, I knew that she just wasn't the type to allow such a thing. Besides, she'd probably start seeing Ren's features in Rin or something weird like that.

I grinned in the darkness, pulling the sheets over myself. I'd marry Rin if I could, if our love lasted that long. Screw the rules; I just couldn't get over her. Half-sister or not, she was my girlfriend.

I felt a little sorry about Haku getting fired, but she really did have a major drinking problem. Still, I couldn't believe that the principal couldn't give her another chance. Oliver said that she really had changed, and he knew her better than I did. He was never one to exaggerate the truth. He would always speak realistically.

I had to plan out tomorrow afternoon because of Haku. I decided to go to the airport, pick up Rin, and then take her to school with me. We could catch Ms. Yowane before she left, and hopefully, we could get her to tell us the truth. I'd have to work fast, though, and I still needed to tell Rin about all this. She was probably still in the plane right now.

Then there was the whole Kaito incident. That pretty much turned all of us on our heads. It was so sudden and so serious, but I think that I would've still taken Kaito for granted if he hadn't come so close to death.

Death. The word was rough against my tongue. First Ren, and then nearly Kaito. I missed Rin so much, and I couldn't wait to see her.

After the Kaito thing, Gumi and I went back to Yuma's house. I read the lyrics that I had written, and Yuma helped me write a tune for both. I had already decided on the title for the first one, which was 'Fire Flower', and Gumi came up with the title for the second: 'Discotheque Love.'

I fell asleep thinking about Rin, and I only missed her more in my dreams.

Morning came quickly, but I was left with the residue of dreams from last night. I was still thinking about Rin, hoping that she hadn't gotten airsick or something horrible like that. I wondered if she would cry when I came to the airport. I didn't want that.

Miku.

I woke up earlier than usual. School starts at eight, so I usually woke up around seven, or at the latest, seven-thirty. That day, however, I woke around six.

I had set an alarm in my phone, and then I had plugged in the headphones, so that the alarm wouldn't wake Kaito. When my eyes opened, Kaito was still fast asleep. He had his arms wrapped around my front, holding me tightly, akin to a child holding a teddy bear.

Slowly, I pried his fingers off. I slipped out of bed and stared at him, admiring the way his lips were parted slightly and the way his navy blue hair fell over to one side of his face. I reached forward and stroked his hair gently, smiling to myself, before hurrying downstairs.

"Jeremy, breakfast!" I said quickly, passing through the kitchen, "Something big, for me and him! Upstairs!"

"Of course, miss," Jeremy nodded and got right to work.