Chapter 29

Chapter 29

Meiko. (Who was, by the way, the mystery point of view, if you didn't get that yet.)

"Yo to my bros!" I yelled, running into art class with my eyes shut and a grin on my face. I had my bright red windbreaker thrown over one shoulder as I strutted up to my teacher like a model.

He looked up from the sheets of paper in front of him. "Meiko, what are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be sick?"

"You make it sound as though you want me to be sick, Mr. Gakupo!" I yelled, "I'm so offended!"

Mr. Gakupo raised his palms in the air and backed up, "That's not what I meant, Meiko!"

I crossed my arms. "I'm just too good for this class, aren't I?" I put a hand in my wood-coloured hair. It reached just past my jawbone and curled inwards at the ends.

Mr. Gakupo nodded slowly. "Yeah, a little. I guess. You get perfect on every assignment."

"And is that a bad thing?!"

"No, no!" Gakupo said quickly, "N-Now, how about you go and take a seat, Meiko?"

Mikuo.

I went to English class and, as usual, the entire class was here, except for the teacher.

"Just watch, she'll come stumbling in," Oliver whispered as I sat down beside him. I stared at him for a long while, frowning.

"What?" He asked finally.

"Why do you wear bandages over your eye?" I asked, "I mean, it's not like you're injured or anything..."

"I do it because I want to, okay?" Oliver turned away.

"Don't you think it's kind of weird?" I pestered him. I always bugged him like this whenever I got the chance.

"I think it's cool," Oliver muttered. His eye turned towards the door, and I looked there, too.

A woman stumbled in, looking almost completely out of it. Her bag slipped out of her hands and she kept walking. Her grey hair was a mess, and yeah, she wanted to dye her hair grey, even though she was only around thirty.

"Ms. Yowane finally arrives," Oliver muttered, "Look, she's drunk again."

Ms. Yowane's limbs trembled as she got to her desk and plopped down with a sigh. "All right, class," she said groggily, "T-Today's a...work period..."

And then she was snoring. We all stared at her. She had her head down on the desk and her hair was all over the desk. A student walked up to ms. Yowane's bag and put it by the teacher's desk.

"See?" Oliver frowned, "Now what do we do?"

I sighed. "I'm going to read a book," I said, pulling open a copy of Oliver Twist, aka the book that Oliver always leaned in to read with me.

"I'm nothing like this kid," he'd say, and then I'd nod. Which is exactly what happened then, by the way.

"Yeah, this kid is way cooler than you," I said. Oliver scowled. We read the book together for the rest of the period.

Miku.

All throughout first period, I couldn't pay any attention, even during the lab work! I kept wriggling in my seat, and Len kept staring at me!

"No, I don't have any ants on my pants," I scowled.

He grinned. "Sure looks like you do," he said.

I wasn't even taking notes! I just couldn't bring myself to do work. I'd just end up doodling in the margin, scribbling ice cream cones and tacos and...

"GRAHHHH!" I screamed and threw my binder at the teacher. It all happened so fast; I don't even know when or how my rage took control of me.

The teacher ducked down as my binder smacked the blackboard. Leeks that I had kept inside flew everywhere. I covered my mouth with my hands as the class fell silent. The teacher stared at me with her mouth agape.

"Miku, what was that?" She asked, exhaling.

I took a deep breath as she picked up my binder and approached me. The entries class had their eyes focused on my teal pigtails, probably because I was hiding behind them. Great. Teenage pop idol snaps and randomly hurls her binder at the teacher. This was sure to make news.

"I'm sorry, miss," I whispered as she gave me my binder, "I don't know what came over me."

Damn you, Kaito, this is your fault! You're coming over me! Even though I don't want you to!

I screamed angrily once more and then covered my mouth. My checks turned red and Len moved away.

"Sorry!" I said, my voice muffled.

(It would've been funnier if she threw an actual leek at the teacher...*sigh* oh well...)