Chapter 47

Chapter 47

Gumi.

I walked around with Yuma for a bit, but he didn't really seem like he was there. You know, like his mind wasn't where his body was. I kept trying to bring him back to present day, but it really wasn't working.

"Hey," I poked him in the arm, "Yuma?"

He looked down at me, "Hmm?"

"What's wrong?" I asked.

He shook his head, "Nothing."

"Are you sure?"

"It's just...I need to go get some stuff done," he stopped walking and started shifting his weight from one foot to another, "Like groceries."

"Oh," I nodded, "I'll come with you, if you want."

Yuma frowned. "Okay," he said, but something told me that he wanted to be alone.

"Actually, I have a ton of homework," I lied, nearly stuttering halfway through as Yuma eyed me suspiciously, "S-So I should probably get home."

He was silent for a moment, but just as I thought that he had seen through my lie, he nodded with a smile.

"You should," Yuma said, pushing my hair off of my head and kissing my forehead, "I'll talk to you later."

My face flushed, but my stomach dropped and I felt guilty. His mouth was still pressed against my forehead, and I wondered if he actually believed me. I wasn't really lying; I did have homework, but it wasn't super urgent or anything. I just didn't want to seem clingy. If Yuma wanted to be alone, then I shouldn't be in his way. I was the crazy one; he had his feelings kept at bay.

"Yeah," I whispered, wrapping my arms around him. I was lying to him, but only because I cared about him.

"I'm sorry," I mumbled, pulling away. I turned and ran without looking back.

Kaito.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Maybe the ice cream was finally getting to me. As Miku started telling her story, she found it easier and easier to go on and on, and soon, she was like a running tap, both with her words and her beautiful, electric blue eyes.

"A-And now I'll never be able to tell him!" She sobbed between breaths, "And how can I possibly tell Mew, or anyone else, that I liked him? They'll be hurt! And Meiko's my friend, so I want to be happy for her, but I can't, Kaito, I can't!"

I patted her on the back, pulling a tissue out of my pocket and wiping her face slowly.

"I don't have any sort of control over my feelings...," Miku whispered as I brushed her cheeks with the Kleenex.

"That's not true," I said, "You held back your feelings for Mikuo for so long, didn't you? You never told anyone."

"Except Len," she frowned, "He sort of figured it out himself. Probably because me and him both are going crazy over someone else."

"Miku," I started up again, facing her, "I'm not going to try to make you like me, but I'll tell you again, like I told you before, that I love you."

She blushed, turning away. "Where did that come from?"

"It didn't come from anything," I said, "It's always been true. I would never leave you. If you want Mikuo, then I'll help you with that, too. I've gotten over my feelings of jealousy, and no matter who you choose, I'll still hold you the closest to my heart."

Miku looked at me. "You mean you've never liked another girl?"

I shook my head. I had never liked anyone the way I liked Miku. It was almost unreal, the way I felt about her. I couldn't bring myself to even think about touching her in any way without her consent, or until, if, we were ever married.

"No," I smiled slowly, "Never. You're the only one. I know how clichéd that sounds, but I don't know how else to put it."

She crossed her arms. "I'm not over Mikuo yet," she wasn't frowning or scowling as she spoke, "And I don't think I like you like that."

I grinned. "That's fine," I said, "Now hurry up and finish your ice cream, it's melting."

Len.

"Do you want to get something to eat?" Rin asked me as we walked past the mall, "It's almost eleven."

I shrugged. "I dunno, the breakfast you made was so good, I was wondering if you and I could make lunch!"

She laughed. We were holding hands, and she squeezed mine slightly. It felt absolutely amazing because our feelings for each other seemed mutual. It was beyond the realm of friend hand holding, and our relationship had surged forth so quickly that I could hardly bring myself to believe it.

"So you want to go back to my house?" She asked, "I guess we could make lunch. And I wanted to show you around the place, too."

"Well, you better stay with me, 'cause I might get lost all by myself!" I joked.

She punched me playfully on the shoulder, "Aw, come on, it's not that big! Just wait till I show you!"

Yeah, yeah, short chapter! Sorry, I kind of had to end it there! I know it's getting kind of bland and boring and awkward sounding now (be honest, it's not so great anymore) but I'll do my best to make it up to you in the following chapters! I've got the remainder of the story outlined, so I know what's coming (obviously, I mean, I'm the writer, right?) and let me tell you, this is only a temporary drought! It'll get better! I know I keep saying that but come on, have some faith! Nah, I know you guys probably believe me.

Vote, comment, share! I might stop writing that because it sounds obnoxious but ah, whatever, that's just my insides talking.

Anyway, yeah. Tell me what you think of the recent developments! I'll see you next chapter!