Chapter 68

Chapter 68

Gumi.

"What're you going to sing?" I asked Yuma as we left the school. He had his arm thrown over my shoulder, and he pulled me closer.

"I don't know," he said, "Really, I don't know."

"Well, you're going to have to decide soon, right?" I frowned, "I mean, there isn't much time left till the big day!"

"You're going to be there, right?" Yuma asked.

"What? Of course!" I said, surprised by his question, "How could I not be there if you're going to be there?"

He grinned. "Just checking."

"When you smile at me, I feel like I've just gone for a jog," I said.

"Really?"

"Yeah," I smiled, "My heart just beats faster and faster and faster...and within a few minutes, it feels as though I've been running laps all day!"

"I didn't realize I had that kind of effect on you," Yuma mused, "Do you want to drop by my place?"

"Your mom's cool with it, right?" I frowned. He shrugged.

"She's not home at this time on Thursdays," he said, "Come on, I want to show you the view from my balcony."

"Okay," I nodded, "But can we race to your place?"

"You'll win," Yuma said, suddenly grabbing me by my waist, "Unless I do this."

I yelped as he lifted me in his arms and ran down the street. I wrapped my arms around his neck and held tightly, shutting my eyes.

"Y-You're going too fast!" I laughed, peeking for a second and then shutting my eyes again.

"I could never go too fast for you," he said. There was humour in his voice. I sighed and pressed my head against his chest, opening my eyes only when he stopped.

"Here we are," he said between breaths, "You know this morning, when I said that you weren't that heavy?"

"Yeah?"

Yuma stretched his arms with a slight groan. "That wasn't entirely true."

I punched him the shoulder. "You liar!" I grinned. He grabbed my arm and began tickling me. I felt my limbs go out of control as my laughter echoed down the empty street.

"I'd carry you no matter how heavy you'd be," he said, finally stopping with the tickling, "Er, not that you're really heavy or anything, it's just..."

"Yuma," I said, grinning. He looked at me.

"Y-Yeah?"

"It's fine," I said, "Now, are we going in or not?"

Luka.

"Come with me," I said, crossing my arms as I watched Gakupo finish his meal. He looked at me blankly.

"Come with you where?" He frowned. I looked at his face and wiped it with a paper towel. Food was all over his mouth.

"We're going to watch a movie," I said.

Gakupo was quiet. "Like, a date?" He said finally.

"No, not like a date!" I burst out, "L-Like a...make-the-depressed-guy-feel-better movie..type...thing..."

He grinned at me, amused. Something told me that he was feeling at least a little bit better.

"I know," I looked away, "I'm stupid."