Chapter 93

Chapter 93

Oliver.

I was sitting in class during the last period of the day, and I couldn't stop looking at the time. There was only twenty minutes left before the day's end. Twenty minutes before I had to approach Ms. Yowane.

I had to stall her. Len had promised that he would arrive no later than fifteen minutes after the bell. The airport was far, and going and coming back in a few hours was no small feat.

"How am I supposed to keep her busy for fifteen minutes?" I groaned, resting my head in my hands.

I hadn't told Haku about Rin and Len's issue. I would've, but she had enough on her mind already, not to mention the fact that it was something that the two ought to discuss with her themselves.

"Psst," Neru poked me from behind with a pencil. I groaned and rolled my eyes. This was the only class we shared.

"What?" I hissed, turning around.

"I dropped my eraser," Neru smiled. I slumped and looked down by my chair's legs.

"There's like, twenty erasers here!" I whispered. Apparently, erasers were the most commonly lost stationery items.

"It's the one that looks like your head!" Neru hissed.

"Okay, one that...," I paused and looked back at Neru, "What?"

"It's a big, yellow circle, idiot!" She frowned. I grit my teeth and spotted the eraser almost immediately.

"Here," I said, slamming it down onto her desk, "Looks like my head...stupid..."

Neru let out a whistle. "Somebody's burning with anger," she teased, "You need a Slurpee."

"What the hell is a Slurpee?"

"Wow, have you really never had a Slurpee before?" Neru looked at me inquisitively, with her head tilted to one side and her lips pouted, "Are you serious? Have you been living under a rock, Oliver?"

"If you're not going to tell me what it is, then leave me alone," I growled.

"It's like a snow cone, but not really," Neru offered.

"Oh, that really helps," I rolled my eyes, "What's a snow cone?"

Neru stifled a laugh. "Seriously?"

"Seriously," I said through grit teeth.

"Like, shaved ice with sweet syrup. Fruit flavoured shaved ice, in a cup so that you can drink it," Neru made some gross slurping sounds, "With a straw."

"That sounds stupid."

"It'll give you brain freeze," she said, "You've never had a Slurpee before."

"So what?" I snapped.

"That's sad," she said quietly, "Hey, I should get you to try one!"

"N-No thanks," I turned away and she pulled my collar, nearly choking me.

"Come on, after school!"

"Ack! Let go!" I screamed. Students turned to look at us.

"Not until you make a deal!"

"A deal?"

"That you'll come with me and have a Slurpee! You're always so serious, you need one!"

"Okay, okay, just let me go, you crazy person!"

Her hands slipped away and I fell forward, hitting my face on the desk.

"Today," Neru sang, "After school!"