Chapter 27

Chapter 27

Len.

Rin's eyes were wider than I thought they could get when she saw the pancakes. I tried to lighten the awkward mood by laughing, but it was a weak and sheepish laugh.

"I...I made breakfast," I couldn't stop grinning, and I hoped that I wasn't blushing.

To my surprise, Rin laughed and took a seat on the stool beside me. "You made all this?" She asked.

I nodded. "I dunno, I just sort of did. Yeah."

"Len, you're so cute!" She looked at me with those sparkling eyes of hers.

"W-Wait, do you mean it? You really think I'm cute?" I felt as though we had been through this before.

"Yes, I do!" Rin hugged me extremely tightly. I was positive that I was blushing. Her arms reached across my back, and slowly, I embraced her in my arms, too. We stayed like that, unmoving, silent, for what was only a few seconds but felt like ages.

She pulled back and looked at me with a smile. "I told you that you'd be able to sing."

"Are we still talking about that?" I tried to act casual. She was probably just hugging me as a friend.

"And you can dance, too!" She took a bite of a pancake and paused, "Wow, these are really good!"

I frowned. "Are you serious?"

"Of course I'm serious, silly!" She popped an orange slice into her mouth, "Now, come and eat up! If we're late today, our teacher will say that you're rubbing off on me!"

We both laughed.

Unknown Person's POV (???)

Finally, I was done with that darn stomach flu! I jumped off of my balcony and landed on my feet in the yard below. My friends called me a cat, but I think that's an exaggeration. After all. The balcony was only on the second floor. I mean, who can't jump that?!

"Look out world, here I come!" I yelled, spinning around in circles as I left my yard.

The neighbouring bachelor came out of his home and yelled at me, like the good old days.

"Meiko, will you ever learn to be both healthy and quiet?" He yelled, waving his cup of coffee at me.

I put my skateboard down on the pavement and winked at him, giving him a thumbs-up. "Sorry, Tony, but today's not the day!"

He grumbled and went back in as I zipped down the streets and towards school. I spotted another kid on his skateboard, and I rode up to him.

"Yo!" I saluted him as we continued towards the school, "Mikuo!"

He looked at me with surprise. "Weren't you sick for the last two weeks or something?" He asked.

I frowned. "Yeah, but I'm better now! So..."

"So what?"

"So you have to take me out for a movie!" I grinned.

"Argh, what's that got to do with anything?" I was really the only only who could make Mikuo lose his cool like that, "You damn freeloader!"

"I am not a freeloader!" I stuck my tongue out at him, "It's just that I'm so nice that people can't resist the urge to give me stuff! And I never get the chance to pay them back somehow!"

Mikuo scoffed. "Whatever," he smiled, "I'm glad you're back, though."

That Mikuo! If he thinks that's all it takes to get into this girl's heart, then he's wrong!

Do you guys like Meiko's personality in here? I think she's kind of cool! She's like, SKATER PUNK DUDE.