Chapter 52

Chapter 52

Rin.

I took Len out of my room and around the second floor of my home, which was the floor that we were currently on.

"My dad's room is over there," I said, smiling sadly, despite myself, "And over there is the guest hall."

"You don't have to talk about your parents if you don't want to," Len patted my arm. I shook my head.

"You're the only one I could tell," I answered, "Here, let me show you the banquet area. There's also a ballroom, you know, but it's kind of sad that there's nobody to use it."

"Can you dance?" Len asked suddenly. I frowned.

"I used to have an instructor, but that was a long time ago," I said.

"Then we'll dance," Len grinned, "You can teach me."

I smiled. "Okay, but we'll have to be quick! There's a lot of other stuff that I want to show you!"

I led Len down the stairs and past the kitchen, into a large, open and carpeted area lined with sofas and tables.

"This is the guest area," I said in a hurry, "And down this hall...is the ballroom."

It was a wide open space with white tiles lined across the floor, polished to shimmering perfection. Grand and heavy scarlet curtains were hooked onto golden rods thirty feet above us, and the curtains themselves swooped down in elegant shapes and curves, tied with a shimmering golden thread near the bottom.

Even I was stunned every time I came down here. The walls were a dark maroon hue, marked with simple and almost mystical-seeming diamonds and triangles just a few shades darker or lighter than the solid colour of the walls themselves.

Suddenly, I felt Len's fingers interlock mine. I looked at him, still wearing my amazed face. He had tied his hair, and he looked almost like a young nobleman, with the ponytail grazing the nape of his neck and his bangs pushed behind one ear.

He kissed me slowly, softly, and I closed my eyes, opening them as he pulled away and began to walk in circles with me around the dance floor.

"At least let me get the music on!" I giggled, "Look at that, you're making me blush like crazy!"

He smiled. "Alright," he said. I dragged him over to one corner of the room.

"Here's where we set the music," I said, flipping through a stack of CDs, "Are you sure you want to do some fancy waltz? We could dance to some of Miku's songs, if you want."

Len shrugged. "Only because it'll take too long for me to learn how to dance like you!" He said.

I laughed. "Maybe you'll turn out to be a natural, like with singing!" I said, inserting a disc into the music player. The song 'Yellow' began pumping through the speakers around the hall, and I felt the hairs on the back of my neck stand up as Len and I reached the centre of the dance floor.

"This one's a little slow, but it's adorable!" I yelled over the music. He nodded, grinning, before spinning me around. I yelped in surprise.

And before I knew it, there we were, Len and I, dancing like two crazy lovers in the middle of an empty ballroom.

Gumi.

The rain had slowed down a bit by the time Yuma and I had arrived at his house.

"Reach into my pocket," Yuma frowned. His hands were both busy, "The house key's in there."

I pulled his key out and unlocked the door. He helped me in and dropped the groceries off by the kitchen, and then he helped me upstairs.

"I'm making a mess," I frowned, looking down at my muddy shoes and clothes.