You Have Surgery

Ross: “I want food,” you whined, annoying Ross. “You can’t have any for a few more hours okay? Then I promise I will get you whatever you want,” he said, stroking your hand with his thumb. “But- but I’m hungry now,” you whispered, causing him to sigh. “You just got out of surgery a few hours ago, and your begging for food,” he laughed, shaking his head. “It’s not funny,” you pouted, holding your stomach. “I’m sorry, but I thought you were supposed to be in pain or something? Not starving half-to-death,” he grinned. “I am in pain, but the hungry over-rules that,” you said, making him laugh even harder. “God, I love you,” he said, kissing your cheek. 

Riker: You had to be rushed into emergency surgery for your appendix today, and Riker was gone on tour. When you had woken up, he still wasn’t there, and he was all you wanted right now. You cried into Stormie’s chest, repeatedly asking when he was going to be here already. “What’s wrong is she okay?” you heard a voice ask behind you. Your head snapped up, focusing on Riker. A smile appeared on your face, and he knew you were okay. He pulled out flowers from behind his back, laying them beside you on the bed. “And I got you this,” he said, handing you a teddy bear. You held your hands up, pulling him in for a hug. “I was so worried about you,” he whispered, rubbing your back. 

Rocky: You had just woken up from surgery, and you felt insanely loopy. The room was spinning, and all you could say was Rocky’s name. You wanted him right beside you, and right now. You squinted as you saw a tall figure approaching. “Hey baby,” he said quietly. It took you a few seconds to comprehend, and when you tried to respond, it came jumbled out. “Stomach, cut open. Hurts,” you whimpered, not really making much sense. He tucked a piece of hair behind your ear, laughing. “Someone’s still a little crazy.” You shook your head, playing with a button on Rocky’s shirt until you fell asleep again. 

Ratliff: “I don’t want to do it…” you whined, staring at the IV. He squeezed your hand reassuringly, “It’s just an IV. You can do this baby,” he promised. You nodded your head, giving her your arm. “I need you to stay extremely still okay? In order to have the surgery, you need the IV. It won’t take long, if you just stay still,” she reminded you. She poked your skin with the needle, and it was extremely painful. You squeezed his hand more, tears dripping from your eyes. “Hey, look it’s okay! It’s all done!” he said into your ear, brushing the tears away. 

Ryland: “Okay, I got you everything you need for tomorrow. You’re favorite candy, a few surprises, my hoodie, and blankets,” he stated, still preparing. “We really don’t need to pack the whole house… It’s minor surgery babe. I’ll be out of there the same day!” you giggled. “Well, I just want to make sure you have everything. I want you to feel comfortable,” he said, kissing your forehead. “You’re so sweet,” you commented, sneaking in a quick kiss.