You Leave Your Kid Alone With Him

Ross: He knows how hard you’ve been working, so he let you have a day off. You warily agreed, leaving your 7 month old daughter stay with him for a day. “Hey jelly bean, wanna eat?” he cooed to her, watching as her small giggle filled the room. “I take that as a yes!” he laughed, grabbing some baby food. “Shouldn’t be this hard,” he said, talking more to himself. He took the spoon, pretending it was an airplane before feeding it to her. She smiled, then spit it all over him. “Wha-?” he said, flinching at the green beans all over his face. He wiped it off, trying again. When you came home, he was completely covered in food, and the kitchen floor as well. “What happened?” you asked, your eyes widening at the mess. “Nothing, I got this,” he said, sounding determined. 

Riker: “I wanna play dress up,” your five year old daughter said, batting her little eyelashes and giving her best pouty face. “I don’t know…” he murmered, wondering what she had planned. “But mommy always played with me,” she whined. He picked her up, cradling her in his arms. “You sure do know how to get your way,” he chuckled, walking with her to her room. She giggled, “You’re going to be a prince!” she said, pondering for a moment. “Daddy, you need to get fancy clothes,” she spoke softly. “Oh darn… I don’t think I have any,” he lied. Before he knew it, she ran into the living room, bringing back a sheet. “Here,” she said, tying it around his neck. “You have a fancy cape now,” she laughed. When you got home, you fond his dressed up, playing tea parties with her. “I think you’re having more fun than she is,” you chuckled, waiting in the doorway. 

Rocky: “You wanna watch a movie?” Rocky asked your 3 year old son. He shook his head being stubborn. “How about food? You wanna eat?” he asked, hoping for a ‘yes.’ He shook his head again, “No.” Rocky sighed, not knowing what he wanted. His head rested in his hands, closing his eyes. “Fort,” a little voice demanded. Rocky lifted his head up, eyeing the little boy. “What?” he asked, eyebrow raised. “I want to build a fort,” he responded, his eyes lighting up. Rocky nodded, “Now that’s something I can do!” he laughed, happy that he found something. He hated when you were gone, mainly because your son was a momma’s boy. And big time! Rocky helped set up the fort, making the best one yet! When you got home, you peeked in, watching as the two of them were reading with a bowl of mac n’ cheese. “Mommy, me and daddy are playing! You have to go!” he said, pushing you out of the tent. “Well then,” you sighed, hearing Rocky laughing in the background. 

Ratliff: “I wonder what mom would do if we messed up the house…” you son asked Ell, completely serious. Ellington laughed until his stomach hurt. “Why do you ask that?” he said in between breaths. “Mom hates the house dirty, so I wonder what she would do if she came home and it was a mess,” he admitted, a mischievous smile, playing over his lips. “You’re ornery,” Ell commented, still chuckling. It surprised him how much his son was actually like him. Completely quirky and crazy, loved getting into everything. “I think we should do it,” you little man said seriously, “C’mon dad! It would be funny!” he giggled. You got home, eyeing the toys and tents all over the floor. Your eyes were wide, watching the two boys. “He did it,” they both said, pointing to each other. “You are both in so much trouble. Clean it up!” you shouted, on your way up the stairs. “Ah man!” you heard his little whine from downstairs.                                                                                           

Ryland: You had only been gone for an hour, and Ry was already calling you in hysterics. “She’s just crying! I don’t know what to do!” he said frantically. He had your newborn daughter in his hands, rocking her back and forth, while using his ear and shoulder to hold the phone up. “Have you tried feeding her? Changing her?” you asked worriedly. “Yeah, and after that she started crying!” he said, his voice filled with nervous-ness. “Did you burp her?” you asked him again, trying to find the source of her pain. “Oh… Yeah I’ll do that! Thanks, I’ll see you when you get home!” he said, hanging up. He took a seat, propping her up on his lap. He rubbed circles into her back, gently patting. Her wailing stopped after about 10 minutes, and he sighed in relief. A few hours later, you came home to find them both asleep on the couch. You just couldn’t resist taking a picture and uploading it to twitter :)