Riker Imagine

"Do you love me?" you smile, pondering out loud. "Of course I do!" you responds almost immediately. "How much?" you giggle, sending a flirty glance his way. "More than anything," he says quietly now, kissing you quickly. Just then, a car honks letting you know the light has turned green. He does as he’s told, pressing the gas hurriedly. You sit in silence for a few minutes, until you’re suddenly stuck in a heap of cars again. Stupid L.A. traffic… "Prove it," you whispered jokingly. "How do you suppose I do that?" he laughs, watching you intently now. You thought about it for a moment, wanting him to do something completely funny. You put on a ‘thinking face’, while he watches you with a bright smile. "Scream it to the world!" you shout, getting excited in your seat. His eyebrow raises at you, curiosity washing over his features. You were about to tell him you were kidding, but in that second, he rolled down his windows. 

"No Riker, I was just teasing! You don’t have to do that!" you interrupted, trying to stop him. "I love Monique!" he screams, and you were pretty sure that everyone in L.A. had heard him. Your ears were actually ringing at how loud he yelled, but you were more in shock that he actually did it. He broke into laughter, leaving you confused. "Why are you laughing right now?" you ask, joining in with him, still unbelieving. "I proved it to you didn’t I?" he says in between breaths. "Your turn," he says nudging your arm. "What, I told you I was kidding! You didn’t have to do it!" you argued. "Prove how much you love me!" he said, waiting on you. You sighed, knowing you’d have to get this over with. You rolled your window down now, taking a deep breath. "I LOVE RIKER ANTHONY LYNCH!" you screamed, definitely topping his. There were cars all around you, honking like crazy. You heard a few other people call you an idiot from their window, but you were actually elated that you did it. 

You suddenly knew why Riker had busted out laughing. It felt good I guess, just to scream it out to people you didn’t know. This time, it was you who was doubled over in laughter. “You got me beat!” he says loudly, wanting you to hear over the gasps that were coming out of your mouth. You nodded, “You bet I did!” you giggled, kissing him softly. “That felt pretty good,” you admitted, nodding your head. “Of course it did, because you were screaming my name…” he says, grinning widely at you. You punch him playfully in the arm, rolling your eyes. “I really you love you. I’m glad it was you I got stuck in traffic with,” you chimed. You laid your head onto his shoulder, closing your eyes. “I love you too Monique. There is no where else I’d rather be!” he smiled, kissing your forehead.