Ninoy is NOT a Hero

This guy should not have been made a HERO. He has done nothing for this country but talk.

He was murdered because he talked a lot. When he was still alive, he had made no charity project. He gave no scholarships to children nor had any popular projects to support the underprivileged. He has made no contribution to local or national infrastructure. He did nothing for the economy. He did not show us a vision. He only capitalized on the stubborness of Mr. Marcos and fought against it using tools of democracy. This guy, Ninoy did never make it to the top list of leaders who really did something for the Filipino people. Unlike Magsaysay, Bonifacio nor the modern-day Joan of Arc' Loida-Lewis of whose charity to the Bicol region amounted to millions of pesos, Ninoy had none of these. What's worse,he was a COMMUNIST SYMPATHIZER. He was never in Plaza Miranda when the bombing took off. Apparently, he was warned by his communist friends to take cover.

He used communist support to sustain his campaign against Marcos. He was a political hypocrite. He did not offer economic platforms nor anything that should concretely place this country into the line of Asian economic tigers. Instead, he used his senatorial position to attack and castigate Marcos for the former's hardline stance against communists overruning this country. Ninoy proposed democracy in a time where many communists groups were formed and when China was actively supporting leftists organizations in the country.

How can this guy be a Hero when had virtually done nothing to help his countrymen not only from Tarlac but also from Mindanao and Visayas? Words could not feed a hungry stomach nor more of the same to fill an empty table.

Ninoy was an Oligarch, but he did not openly profess it.

His father was a Japanese collaborator during the 2nd World War, a Makapili.

He was married to a Cojuangco, a greedy clan. How can he be a hero?

Rizal,an Ilustrado, wrote many revolutionary letters and books before he was shot. Bonifacio bravely led the Pugad Lawin before he was sinisterly betrayed by his Katipunan colleague, Aguinaldo. Magsaysay came from humble roots and was loved by the people. Manny Pacquiao had to take a thousand hits to become a Champion.

And Ninoy?

He was only to giving speeches of how things should be in this country.He just talked and talked.

Then he was shot.

Then he was proclaimed as a HERO.

Then we made bronze monuments and busts after him.

We are now making people who talk a lot, who get shot, HEROES.

Why not make Lacierda a Hero? How about Boy Abunda?

Kris Aquino? Inday Badiday? Or even Secretary De Lima?

They're talkative aren't they?

But shouldn't they be shot first?

NINOY, idealist nga pero wala namang contribution sa bansa. Puro da-da at puro salita.

Puro RHETORICS.

Cto

Makabayan
2013
AB Pol Sci