I Loved Her, and Sometimes, She Loved Me Too

I seldom share anything that contains any slight of drama. But this is one of the best way that I can think to vent this thing out. If you are willing to waste a minute of your life, you are welcome to continue reading.

I know we haven't seen each other, or even talked in a while now. But I've been doing a lot of thinking lately, and I want you to know that I miss you. Not like ""I regret what happened"" or even ""I want to see you again"" I just simply miss you.

It's just so strange to think that someone I used to know so well is now a total stranger. There are times that we play these games, act like we're okay when one of us has someone else. When in reality it tears us apart to know that we can be happy with someone. That I sometimes go entire days without thinking of you even a little. Most of the time, I let myself forget, because it's easier.

But then I find something.. an old picture of us, old conversations we had, or a song that reminds me of the memories we once had. And the full weight of what's been lost comes crashing down on me. But this isn't regret. We had reasons for ending it, you also had reasons why another chance is impossible and they are as valid as ever. But back at the start we didn't need a reason for anything, it all just happened.

We didn't have common interests, we have different tastes in music, we didn't have similar goals, we didn't even really get along that well. But we didn't need a reason to fall in love, we just did.

The reasons came at the end, and everything that's happened since, has been all about reasons. And that's good. It means one day I might find someone I won't have to say goodbye to. But a part of me missed just loving someone, and knowing they love you back, and that's all.

I guess what I'm saying is, I hope things are good with you. I hope everything is great. I hope you found a love that all the things ours couldn't be. And I hope I find that too.

But a small part of me hopes that you still remember what it was like before all the reasons.. and that you miss me too.

I guess this is the closest that I'm able to put into words of what I am feeling right now.

Vainglory
2012
Faculty of Arts and Letters