Forever and Always

SAY SOMETHING

Hi. I am sending this in place of my deceased sister. She studied in UST for 1 and a half year before my parents transferred her to LA (I hope this counts). She managed to send a confession here before her scheduled operation but it wasn't posted. So by any chance, I hope this entry gets considered.

EJ SQUARED

Hi I am Elaine C. (EJ) and this is for my hubby Ethan R. (EJ).

They cut our connections because they think we're unhealthy for each other. I don't have any idea where you are right now. So I hope this message reaches you baby.

We met years ago. We were seniors (secondary level). You are smart, handsome, in short, all the qualities a girl could ask for. I remember how devastated you were back then due to some personal reasons. You were the imp, and I was your angel. I remember how you'd always tell me that I saved you from eternal damnation.

You pushed me to pursue medicine. You know how UST is my dream school so I stayed in the university for a year and half before my parents decided that I continue my study abroad.

I miss your sister (M) and the gang. They would always thank me for saving your life. Your sister talked to me one time and she said, "Ate, thank you for making my brother happy. He's smiling again, the real, genuine smile that I missed for years". They say I resurrected the jolly and free-spirited EJ.

I changed you, the same way that you made me want to live, to fight again.

I still have your letters. The hand-made sneakers you designed and created on your own. I still have our wedding plan. I still visit our house, the one we built for our family. I memorized every detail of the contours of your face. I still feel that pang in my chest when I remember you cry for me countless of times. You were the society's delinquent member who built me a house, surprised me with sweets and kissed my madness away.

I'm sorry for all my shortcomings, hubby. Thank you for gracing me the opportunity to feel your unconditional love. Thank you for making me your priority. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for staying, understanding, and being patient with me.

You will always be my hero. You will always be my forever and always. You will always be my hubby, my source of strength.

I'll try my best to stay awake. I will survive that operation because I have found all the right reasons to stay alive. When I wake up, I'll make everything right. Wait for me. I won't be your "the one that got away".

If we don't make it this lifetime, I shall wait for you on our succeeding afterlife. "In another life, I would be your girl. We'll keep all our promises be us against the world." Physical appearances changes and deteriorates, our memories may be altered but a heart with the purest intentions and love will always remember.

He dedicated one of his article to me :
"...I can definitely live without her. Like the ocean without the mermaids. The forest without the fairies and the sky without the dragons. But then again, the magic will be all gone."

I love you Ethan. I will always remember

Always and Forever,
Elaine C.

My sister didn't make it but she lived a happy life. Her last words were, "Forever and Always, Ethan". Kuya, mahal ka ng Ate ko.
Happy Valentine's everyone.

Say I love you to the people you value most while you still can