Something Sweet .

Green Series two : Riley Greens Love story . 2 of 3

                                             Riley Green

Riley Green .

Making my way downstairs , i heard a laugh i hadn't heard in years . The same laugh that made my insides turn . Stopping at the bottom of the stairs before entering the kitchen , i listen to her small soft voice speak to my father and brothers . "So you back for good this time , Mills ?" Cain spoke using the shortened version of her last name . "I think so .." She chuckled before sighing softly . "I miss the farm , and cowgirl boots always looked good on me ." She joked but god she wasn't lying . The only problem was she was Rhett's little sister .

Finally entering the kitchen heading towards the fresh pot of coffee waiting for me , it slowly grows silent . "Mills , Brought some cinnamon rolls .." Cain spoke trying to break the silence as i slowly turned around looking at the food on the table then at her , "I'm good , i'm in the mood for something sweeter ." I spoke more towards Haila . Haila Miller , Only the prettiest thing to ever exist . She was anything but innocent , and only i knew that . "Well , I gotta head to the ranch ." My father spoke breaking my stare from her . "I'm coming with you , I gotta get some practice in ." Cain spoke before tagging along with him leaving just the two of us .

Setting my coffee down , as she slowly avoided my gaze my eyes drank her in . The way i felt years ago , didn't change . And seeing her now , made them only more evident . "I - I , I should head home . Yea , I should head home ." She stuttered the first time before repeating herself trying to sound more sure . Lightly chuckling to myself as her nervousness , i stalked towards her before resting my hands on each side of her on the island counter .

"I believe you owe me something sweet , Firefly ." I rasped out lowly as she bit her lip to calm her breathing . As my eyes ran over her face roaming every freckle i had once counted before , i began to remember the night i stole her first kiss . Eighty-Three . And every last one was perfect on her . "I believe you still owe me a song ." She whispered , as a slight smirk rose to my lips . Letting one of my hands grab her chin , i pull her face close to mine . "Every song i've made was for you ." I rasped out lowly slowly leaning into her before feeling her hand push at my chest . "No . Nope ! I'm not letting you do this to me again ." She started shaking her head .

As she slowly began to step backwards away from me , i took steps forward . "What am i doing , Firefly ?" I asked her before my hand slowly grabbed her hand snatching her to me . "You know what you're doing ." She whispered softly . "Uncle Rileyyyy !" I heard small footsteps before the door closed making me turn around to see Bentley running towards us . Picking him up , I notice Knox and Winter enter the kitchen before Haila and Winter went to go catch up . As my eyes followed her out the kitchen , she looked back towards me before she was out of my eyes view .

As i caught up with Bentley and Knox , he told me everyone was going to the bar we all used to go to later and that i should go . After walking the farm with Bentley and Knox , i head inside seeing Haila in the kitchen making what seemed to be dinner as she laughed and talked with my dad . We was like the father she never had . "I remember picking you and Riley up from jail on your eighteenth birthday ." He spoke filled with laughter followed by it . "Hey , in my defense that girl was doing too much . And then she ended up having a boyfriend with her anyway . And you know Riley . Riley doesn't let anyone talk to me or look at me the wrong way ." She chuckled before plating up a bowl of the soup she made .