Becuase i still love you .

Niko Morretti

Niko Morretti

I couldn't sleep , my mind wouldn't let me . All it could do was hope that the man i loved was safe . I couldn't be mad at him this was his lifestyle . But i was hurt . He chose the street life over me . and that broke my heart .

I couldn't cry , i've cried all i could cry . I was all empty of tears . Full of hurt and sadness though . I mean how do you get over the love of your life choosing the streets over you . i guess i couldn't have expected something different . that's all he knew .

We came from two different backgrounds , Two different lifestyles . The only thing similar was the love we had for each other . Regardless of how we ended i know the love we shared was unmatchable .

It was 3 am and i was still wide awake . i was getting use to it though . it's been this way since i started sleeping alone for the first time in years . i felt the breeze of the wind go through my window , which woke me up even more than i was . Coming to the conclusion i'd be getting another night with no sleep i got out of bed making my way into my living room . i was a lawyer who fell for the worlds biggest and scariest mafia leader .

Deciding to go over my case for tomorrow i sat down going over my papers . i was defending a 21 year old who is being convicted of murdering her rapist . but i felt like it wasn't fair so i wanted to help the young lady and get her the justice she deserved . when i seen her last night my eyes got big . The last name was all too familiar . Only people from the Mafia family had that last name . looking into it more i seen that she was indeed the youngest sister in the family .

And i knew her personally , i just didn't realize it until now . getting dressed i headed to the Moretti home i needed to tell him before he found out through someone else .

——-

knocking on the door i stood in the cold winter weather nervous for his reaction , not to me but what i was going to tell him . "Lyric ?" his deep raspy voice said quietly .

"hey ,  can we talk ? it should only take a minute." i said trying to be as normal as possible . "yea come in" he said moving to the side to let me in .

"is Val here ?" i asked asking about his sister . "no i haven't seen her in a week or so" he said raising his eyebrow . "well i think i know why" i said playing with my hands . "and why is that ?" he said crossing his arms .

"she was raped by one of your enemies ." i said barely above a whisper . "what do you mean raped ?" he asked as his tone and attitude changed . "she's my client . and i defend her to the man who did this in the morning ." i said .

nodding his head he stayed quiet for a while taking everything in . "who was it ?" he said his tone deadly . "you know i can't tell you that" i whispered quietly wishing i could . "i know you Niko . and i know your not going to drop this , but just let me do my job . let me put him away before you take him away ." i finished .