Rumor .

Bryce Young

Bryce Young .

I had heard the rumors going around our town , but those rumors were more than rumors . It was nothing but the truth . Everyone in this town knew exactly who i belonged to and who he belonged to .

But we never made it official . Or took it further than what it already was . Something was holding us back . Something that has been for years .

I had visited this town for years when i was a kid to a teenager to seeing my grandma for the summer . Bryce was the first person i met as i tried to find my way around town . He was nice to me , he was funny . He was handsome . And for some reason i wanted to see him all the time after that . which became a routine for us every summer . Until i moved down here .

Things became more flirtatious and serious on his side . At first i thought it was a joke but he wasn't joking . And little ole me was scared for this town to think badly of me for dating the man everyone wanted .

For the past two weeks i had been avoiding and ignoring him , the rumors were becoming too much as they began to stir up the whole town . I couldn't even think of a reason we were trying to deny these feelings but we did . And it was affecting both of us .

All that was heard around town was Bryce is with the preachers daughter . There's no way bad boy Bryce would go for the goody two shoes . But he did . And he wasn't just what people assumed or heard . He was much more . He had a story .

I could see the mixed emotions from different people as they asked me if they were true . But i had no interest clearing up a rumor i knew we'd be sure to make true once he had gotten over being annoyed of me ignoring him .

There was a festival for our town tonight and my friends and i planned on going . I was nervous about seeing him though . I knew he'd be there and he'd be the first to get a dance out of me .

I went with my fitted white and brown cow print pants and white backless cropped tank top with Bryce's cow boy hat he gave me ,

"Those pants are cute ." my best friend said as we got out the car heading to the liquor booth . "Thanks i got them like a week ago ." i said before ordering a crown apple red bull . "You think Bryce will be there ?" Karri laughed nudging me . "Most likely . We've gone to these things since we could dance and ride horses ." i laughed as we made our way to the music and dance area .

As we stood looking at the people of our community dance together i feel strong arms wrap around my shoulders , "You've been ignoring me Darlin ." his southern accent captivated my ears . "I've been trying to ignore the rumors ." i whispered . "Why ignore them when we can make them true ?" he asked making me turn around in his arms .

"Everyone already looks at me crazy . What are they gonna think when it's real ." i said looking up at him . "Fuck what they think . What do you want ?" he said making my look away from his stare .