Home sweet home .

Nas ^^ my baby 🥺😩

Sevyn's Pov
Brooklyn, ny. 1999

it was like he could read me , without me having to say a word . it was like he knew what i thought , how i felt , and what i wanted without me saying it .

but i could read him the same way .

and at this very moment that's what we were doing . silently staring at each other , as we read one another .

the tension was thick . my legs and arms were crossed as i held a mean mug . him returning the same look . we sat in the corner at a secluded table in the night club we had been going to for years .

"what do you want?" i said breaking the silence . i was honestly done and ready to go home at this point . i no longer wanted to look at him .

"you know what the fuck i want . so why you acting slow ?" he spoke with venom pouring out of his words . you could hear the anger and frustration in his voice .

"that's not what the fuck i meant . what do you want from me for you to leave me alone ? because i'm done ." i said pushing for an answer .

"there's nothing you can give me or do for me that will make me leave you alone . you haven't figured that out yet shorty ?" he said getting up from his side of the table to bend down in front of me getting in my face . "the moment you let me have you , your smile , your laugh , your body , everything . was the moment you became mine forever ." he finished as he caressed my face .

angrily i pulled away from his touch getting up to walk away . before i could he gripped my wrist pulling me back towards his chest . "where you goin baby ?" he asked so close to me that i could feel his minty , but Hennessy and weed smelling breath on me and smell my favorite cologne of his .

"home . away from you . you think you can claim me ? but do me wrong , and i'm supposed to just bow down to nasir ? no! i'm done being that dumb bitch for you . go find a ho to play wit , cus you not finna play with me no more ." i said yanking my arm from him leaving out the club to my car .

he had once again ruined my night and i was fucking over it . me and nas had been on and off for years . and right now we were off . i was sick of the late nights in the streets . the arguing . the break ups , shit even the make ups because it just kept happening . the mistakes he made turned into habits . don't get me wrong nas had never cheated on me , or anything . but just because he didn't cheat doesn't mean he didn't do no wrong .

he's abandoned our relationship . i'm like a roommate who cooks for him , and gives him pussy when he needs it . but i didn't want that anymore . i want the love we shared in the beginning . he used to treat me like i was the only women in the world . other than grandma shuri of course . he used to make me feel special .

i didn't feel that way no more . and i deserve to be treated with love , genuine unconditional love . the love you rarely see . the love the comes once in a lifetime . the love where our kids , and grandkids dream of and inspire to have .

i had held back my tears until i made it close to my car . just as i pull on my car door to open it , a hand collides with it closing it . i knew whos hand it was just by seeing my name in cursive on the side of his ring finger , but i refused to turn around and let him see me cry over him .

"can i just say what i have to and then you can leave ?" he asked from behind me .

"no . i don't care to hear it anymore . all it's gonna be is a weak ass apology with some excuse to come with it . then your gonna try to sweet talk me so you can take me home ."

"sev-"

"no nasir . i'm done . you've abandoned this relationship . and me . i came out tonight to relax , relieve myself . but no i couldn't . you had to be there and do too much . we aren't together no more . i mean shit it shouldn't bother you much anyway right ? you was never home to be part of this relationship anyways ." i finished trying to open my car door . failing miserably . nasir was skinny but strong . strong and fast .

"STOPPP NASIR LET ME GO" i yell at him finally turning around facing him .

"NO SEV . EITHER YOU GON HEAR ME HERE OR MY FUCKING HOUSE , EITHER WAY YOU GON SHUT THE FUCK UP AND LET ME TALK TO YOU." he finally snapped getting in my face .

nasir angry was sexy but also scary . not scary in a way where he'd beat me but i felt bad for anyone who wasn't me when he was mad . he has a soft spot for me to where he only lets his anger get so far with me whereas if you anyone else he gon take you to the grave .

i was mute . one because i was turned on but mad as hell at the same time .

"fine." i said rolling my eyes .

he ended up bringing me to his truck , where we sat in complete silence for ten minutes before he broke it .

"look.. , i know i haven't been doing my job as ya man lately ."

scoffing , "you think ?" i say rolling my eyes .

"please let me finish , i'm tired of this ." he said looking at me with tired , drowsy eyes . i honestly felt bad now . i knew what he meant , he's tired of us arguing , we've been doing this for almost 2 months . that's how long it's been since i moved out , since i said i was done , and since we've been like this .

"now as i was saying , i know i haven't been doing the best job as ya man . i know you sick of me saying ima leave these streets when the times right . i know you tired of the arguing . me not coming home until after you fall asleep . i haven't been communicating with you . and i just wanted to be able to pay for my investments that we talked about and get everything on track before putting that street life behind me . i couldn't start something without knowing it would succeed , i want to be able to take care of you and granny . and our future family . i had my last , and final drop a month ago today . tia told me that you wouldn't even talk to me until you knew i was done with that life . but i couldn't even get a conversation outta you . the only way was to argue wit you or piss you off . and when i seen you tonight i needed to get you back . i can't do this life without you . sev i'm done in the streets , i started that business i told you about and yo boy is making money the legal way . i don't wanna live a life without you ." he said looking down at his feet as we sat at a red light .

i didn't know what to say . i didn't think nas would ever give up the streets . i mean shit that's all he knew . that's where we came from . i just didn't want it to be his life and i didn't want him thinking it defined him .

"i - i don't know what to say .." i spoke quietly .

"just let me prove to you i can be the man you want and deserve" he said .

"nasir i don't know . i just can't continue to do the break ups and make ups , the feeling neglected , or like i'm in this alone" i said looking away from him , i couldn't look at him because i knew this wasn't what i truly wanted to happen . i did want him . i wanted to go home .

i just don't know what to do if it fails again . i want us to last , a lifetime .

"and i promise to never let that happen again , i fucked up i know i did but please let me make it right ." he said looking at me with those eyes i've grown to love over the years .

"okay" i whispered , smiling he grabbed my face kissing me . "i promise you won't regret it baby ."