Adjust Without You .

Elijah Mikaelson

Elijah Mikaelson .

Love was a very powerful thing . So powerful , that if you needed too you'd do absolutely anything for the people you love . And it doesn't help that i fell in love with New Orleans most feared , and powerful mafia leader .

He had had tried so hard to keep me innocent . To keep me out the way . And i didn't let him . I was so eager and so persistent to know and be apart of every thing . But all in all he was right . It would only ruin me . I knew the minute he caught the slightly glimpse of me , The anger and emotion , and disappointment would be shown . And i couldn't bare seeing that .

I had disappeared down the alley away from him and everyone . I needed time to think . Time to gather everything that just happened . And figure out why it didn't bother me .

And i know it wasn't just from everything i've been through and seen when it came to Elijah and his lifestyle . I figured the first time i had ever killed someone id feel regret , or feel sad , maybe even a little mad . But i felt nothing . And it was bothering me .

I wasn't sure how to tell Elijah , and i didn't want to . How was he going to even look at me now ? I wasn't the innocent , and perfect thing in his life anymore . If anything i was part of those demons and nightmares he had always told me about .

Just before i made it out the alley to the other side my arm was snatched and i was pushed against the brick building . "Where are you going , love ?" He said towering over me as he looked in my eyes intently .

"You know where Elijah ." i said trying to keep myself from falling back into his eyes and words like always . "Why ?" he said tilting his head slightly . "You don't need me anymore" i started looking away from him . "I'm not the sweet innocent , perfect and delicate little thing you fell in love with anymore Elijah ." i said as he grabbed my face . "And why's that ? Because if i do recall My love , you are still the same person i fell in love with three years ago ." he said making me scoff and push him off me .

"NO IM NOT ELIJAH . I JUST KILLED A MAN AND DIDN'T EVEN THINK TWICE , OR FEEL BAD . IM NOT THAT SWEET INNOCENT THING YOU ONCE FELL IN LOVE WITH—-mmhm"  i moaned getting cutting off by his lips on mine . "You will always be the same girl i fell in love with ." he whispered resting his forehead on mine .

"I can't make you stay , and i won't stop you ." he said pulling away . for some reason those words hurt my heart . "I love you , and i love you enough to let you go if that's what you truly want ." he said before kissing my forehead and walking away .

——

At first i thought it was about being strong enough to walk away from the lifestyle , but it was more so being able to live out that lifestyle . I had turned my back on the one person who accepted me and my flaws .

I still look back on that day wishing that instead of watching him walk away i chased him or went with him . Elijah was the first and last person to ever love me in a way that no other could . And i would never forget him .