Sadly Mistaken .

Kevin Atwater

Kevin Atwater .

I had remembered his drink from the first day he came into the coffee shop , large iced chai . wasn't my favorite but he seemed to like how i made it . maybe it was because i gave it a little more favor on accident by adding pumpkin cold foam instead for regular cold foam . the first time i made it i messed it up but he enjoyed it and got it ever since .

for a while he just tried to get to know me a little and create small conversation, then he had begin to flirt a little bit , then he finally asked me on a date . from there i was falling for Chicago's smartest , strongest , and scariest cop . everyone thought he was going to be some mean guy but i actually liked him .

it was hard to admit it to him so i tried to push him away and see him less , he didn't like that . it was hard for me to admit to any man i liked them or cared for them because every time i have i had been betrayed or had my feelings hurt .

every time he came into the coffee shop since our kiss i would disappear to the back to avoid him , and the conversation he had been longing for . he probably thought he did something wrong , but that wasn't the case . it was always me and my trust issues .

"Kara can i get a large iced black coffee with three shots of vanilla ?" i called out to her as i made someone else's drink . "coming right up." she yelled .

"Caryna" i yelled as i finished her drink , "thank you so much ." she smiled . "anytime ." i said waving goodbye .

"NEXT" i yelled as i cleared my register screen not looking up . "Hey" that voice had me frozen , not because i was scared but because i was nervous of what he had to say . "hey" i smiled . "same thing ?" i asked . nodding his head he paid and moved out of line without a word . every question i asked was answered with silence . every joke i made wasn't answered with a laugh or chuckle just a intense stare .

"ICED COFFEE WITH VANILLA" Kara yelled handing the man his drink . as i made Kevin's drink i become nervous and overwhelmed in my thoughts . "KEVIN" i yelled , "thanks" he said dryly before walking out without looking at me .

this was all my fault , why did i have to be so dumb . now he wanted nothing to do with me . and it was all my fault .

as i finished my day at the coffee shop i cleaned everything up before turning off the lights and locking the door behind me . turning around i see Kevin standing outside his truck , "get in" he said with no emotion as he opened his car door .

slowly but surely i did as he said . it was complete silence the entire way to my home , up until i was going to get out without a word . "i suggest you don't touch that fucking door ." he said trying to stay as calm as possible as his fist clenched around the steering wheel .

sitting back in my seat i put my hands back in my lap looking down at my different shades of brown nails , "what did i do wrong ?" he questioned looking at me as i avoided eye contact , "nothing" i whispered barely audible . "I CANT HEAR YOU ." he said raising his voice . "Nothing ." i said louder finally meeting his brown eyes that changed shades every so often depending on his mood or the color he wore.