the person i love .

Alexis's Pov

Alexis's Pov

"hello" i said answering my phone. it was around 11am and i was just lounging around my crib.

"hey sweetheart it's mama east" dave's mom spoke i to the phone.

me and dave dated all four years of high school and some of college until he started accusing me of cheating. but i did no such thing. when we graduated high school we got excepted to two different colleges. the distance was hard , obviously.

"ohhh hey mama east. how are you ?" i spoke back into the phone.

"i'm good sweetheart. i could be better. how are you?" she asked with movement on her side of the phone.

"i'm good. just been working and taking care of richie" i said as richie laid in my lap watching ben 10.

richie is my brothers kid who died in car accident days after he was born. he knows of him but his mother left him in the hospital with my brothers name and number. richie calls me mom because i'm the only female figure he knows. that's my little baby.

"aw that's good. how's my baby?" she asked referring to richie.

"he's good. he's 4 now. how's everyone over there?" i asked as i got up from the couch with richie in my arms bringing him to my bed so he could watch ben 10 in there.

"everyone's good. kairi is 3. and dave's been focused on her and his community center for the neighborhood. he acts as if he doesn't miss you but i can see it. millie only comes to see kairi when she needs something.  but i called to ask if you and richie can come to our family reunion today at 1." she spoke with hope.

it's not that i didn't wanna see everyone especially mama east, i just didn't want to see dave.. i ain't gon lie the love i have for that man is still there and i'm sure it always will be but i just don't think i'm ready to see him.

yea its been since i was 20 and now i'm 23 but i don't know..

"mama i don't know.." i said hesitantly looking through my closet.

"please sweetheart. it's been too long" she pleaded.

i thought about it for a second before agreeing. i knew saying yes would either be for the good or bad. it could go both ways.

she squealed then said "see you soon".

it was now 11:27 so i decided i'd get richie ready then id start getting ready.

i dressed richie up in a light blue polo shirt with black jean pants and his air forces. sitting him back on my bed i took a shower taking care of my hygiene.

after getting out drying my body off and putting on all my hygiene things i got dressed in a light blue bandeau crop top with a black skirt and my all white slip on vans then i applied perfume.