What i tell you ?

Javier Martinez

Javier Martinez .

it was friday the sun was setting , and me and my girls were finishing up dance practice . we lived in the bronx and my mom owned a community center where i held dance classes . 

as we were sitting in a circle talking i seen the one and only Javier Martinez . we grew up together but since he was my brothers friend he told himself he wouldn't mess with me . doesn't seem to be working though .

my brother died a year and a half ago , and after Javier found the people who did it he put the streets behind him . now he owns the most successful barber shop in the bronx .

i watched him stare at me as i stared back , watching him signal me to meet him outside . finishing up i grab my things meeting him at his car .

"wassup mami" he said leaning against his truck . "hey" i said gently . the last time we spoke it didn't end well which was mainly my fault .

"wanna take a ride wit me ?" he said grabbing my bag .

"you not mad at me ?" i said cautiously , as he opened his door for me . "nah i'm pissed . but that don't mean i don't care about you ." he said before shutting my door .

——

after we got food we stopped at his shop , it was closed for the night so it would be just us .

as we sat and talked as he counted his income for the night making sure everything looked right , i got curious .

"why do you still stick around after Melly died ?" i asked referring to my brother .

"cause i still got someone to stick around for ." he said looking at me as he finished writing on his pad and locking his money up .

"and who's that ?" i said stopping the spinning of my chair finally locking eyes with him completely .

"you . as much as i tried to fight it , and just look after like your brother asked i couldn't . i fell for you ." he said .

"so why ignore me and act like you don't care if you do ?" i said curious .

"Because i felt like i was failing my best friend . i feel in love with the one person he cherished the most . if i were to ever hurt you i don't know what i'd do with myself ." he said .

"who said you'd hurt me ? the jealous bitches that want you ? them niggas that want me on the low but don't wanna just say it ? the only way you can hurt me if it's intentionally and i know you won't do that ." i said .

"what makes you so sure ?" he chuckled walking towards me leaning over me on the chair i sat on .

"one cus you know i'm crazy . and two because you belong to me as much as i belong to you  ." i said shrugging .

grabbing my face he pecks my lips , "so why don't we stop playing and make it official , we been playing for years baby ?" he said .

"say the word and i'm yours ." i said chuckling with him .