Work For You .

Rio Moretti

Rio Moretti .

I knew how powerful he was . But i didn't care . maybe our families were right . maybe we weren't compatible , maybe we wouldn't work . i mean let's be honest what were we thinking ? A mafia leader and a girl who didn't come from money . she had to earn it .

I knew the moment Rio found my note and realized i had packed my things and left he'd be going ballistic . We were supposed to get married within the next couple months . He probably felt like he defended our relationship for no reason . But i felt like i couldn't marry a man where our families don't like each other .

It broke my heart of course . but i needed to move on in order to forget him right ? I had brought my best friend to another state with me considering i hate being alone . i was too used to Rio .

"you wanna go out tonight ? see the city ? we've been here for over a month and all your doing is sulking and talking about how you could be picking certain things out for a wedding you dropped out of ." she said crossing her arms as i looked at pictures of me and Rio on my phone . to be honest the moving on part isn't working too well .

"It's hard . it's not like i wanted to leave him but maybe they were right . maybe i wasn't the right fit for his lifestyle ." i said turning off my phone .

"but do you think that ? does Rio think that ?" she said being truthful . she always kept it 100 with me and sometimes it annoyed me .

"no" i whispered . "right so call him or move on . you can't sit here and sulk over people who aren't even in the relationship . a relationship is only two people best . fuck what they think ." she said , "now go get ready" she finished walking off to her room.

getting off the couch i head to my room going to get ready . considering we moved from new york to miami it was completely different than what we were used to , but we'll adjust . hopefully .

Since it was always hot i went with a cute revealing dress that was different oranges and yellows with some brown in it along with yellow heels . i decided i'd curl my hair since i always have it in its natural coiled curly state .

 i decided i'd curl my hair since i always have it in its natural coiled curly state