I do .

Parker McCallum

Parker McCallum .

She didn't know that the only time he'd have to pour him a strong one was when she's crossed his mind . Or when he couldn't sleep because her scent still radiated on her pillow . That one dress in the closet of hers he couldn't get rid of that she refused to take was something that he repeatedly went and looked at when he was wasted on her .

Parker was never really a drinker due to his family's history with liquor , but occasionally he'd drink with his women knowing she could throw down on a bottle of whiskey . But without her , that was the only thing he thought that kept him sane for now . But it wasn't really . It made the memories more frequent. The hurt more realistic . Never in a million years did he think he'd watch her walk out on him .

But she did . And he couldn't even blame her . After all those times he had pushed her away , and told her not to worry about what was bothering him ; he had suddenly began to regret not opening up to her . After all those arguments where he stormed out of their home leaving her with tears to run down her face , he wished he would've just apologized and made shit better right away . But he couldn't change the past . He couldn't change the fact that he let those tears fall down her beautiful face before he could wipe them .

He had become very cold , and mean . He didn't like to talk unless it was business . And jokes weren't funny to him anymore . He missed her jokes . Even the ones that he found corny or dumb . He didn't enjoy going to the bar and hanging out with people . The one person he brought everywhere wasn't there anymore .

If he had to guess he'd think she had moved on and found someone that could love her better than he could before . But little did he know that wasn't the case . The only difference between them was she tried to stay away from the whiskey . Because every time she drank she wanted to go back to the home she still called home in her heart .

Something in both of them knew they'd bump into each other in the future they just didn't think it would be this soon . His best friend was marrying my sister . And somehow part of me wished i could just hide . My sister made sure to make us walk together before she came down the aisle . And part of me was scared and nervous .

Slowly making my way down the hall to meet parker there , my nervousness grew as my eyes landed on him . Still handsome . and still the man the i loved . quietly walking up to him from behind i wrap my arm around his before the doors open as he looks at me . "You look beautiful darlin ." he spoke softly as his country accent rolled off his tongue . "Thank you" i whispered putting on a smile as we made our way down the aisle .

"This should be us ." he said as we got closer to the pastor . "Well it's not ." i said as we parted . i was deep in thought about his words . i was conflicted and confused . this could have been us , we were just too stubborn to fix things . i finally looked over at him to see him already staring , watching him as he bit his lip staring at me almost in admiration i grew nervous before finally tearing my eyes from him as i heard the pastor speak .