Never give up on me .

Sonny Lennox

Sonny Lennox .

I didn't expect to fall in love , especially not with him . And not this fast . I mean we met on. a blind date my sister set us up on . I enjoyed his company and he enjoyed mine even if that date wasn't planned nor intentional .

Now i was in love with a man who doesn't even want to talk to me anymore . Sonny had went to war a while ago , and has only been back for a little over a week . I waited for him to come see me , say hi . but that never happened . His mother told me he had went through a lot out there and that he just needs time . But i can't wait forever .

I was on a mission to see him and talk to him , even if he didn't want to see or talk to me . As i was walking down the block where his granny's diner was , as i seen him across the street at his uncles Barbershop that was going to be his in a few years . redirecting my destination i had across the street in a fast manner considering the streets of Louisiana were busy .

"Sonny" i said tapping his shoulder from behind him as he was in the middle of a conversation , "Hey" he said shortly turning to face me with a small smile . "Hey ? that's it ?" i scoffed . "Why haven't you called me or came by to see me ?" i said getting straight to the point crossing my arms . "can we not do this right now ma" he said trying to avoid this conversation with me . "you know what , you have until 8 pm tonight to give me the explanation i deserve or you lose me forever . i waited on you , and you want to avoid me when you come back ? fuck you sonny ." i said walking away so he couldn't see how hurt i was . once i hit the corner i let my tears fall .

He didn't want to this now ? so when ? when i finally get over it and move on ? or when i'm to the point where all i want to do is yell at him and hate him ? why not now ? what made it so hard for him to talk to me now ?

I was over it . the ring that i was once so happy and excited about was now something that brought back a memory i wish could have lasted forever . Once i made it home i went through all of our things looking for the engagement ring box he had put away once we got engaged . i was going to put the ring back in there and give it back . i'm clearly not the one for him if he can't even talk to me .

instead of thinking about it from both of our point of views he only thought if his . i took down every picture we had together , every memory , i couldn't hold onto it anymore . and i refused to .

as i was packing up pictures and everything that reminded me of the happy and in love couple we once were i heard an aggressive knock on my door . "you're early" i said seeing it was Sonny standing outside the home i only lived in now .

"I wanted to talk to you ." he said breathlessly trying to calm his breathing down as if he had been running . "don't worry about it , i don't need an explanation anymore . just take this and you can go ." i said grabbing the box that held my ring .

once he seen that i wasn't wearing the ring he opened the box looking at it in confusion . "What are you trying to say ?" he asked closing it setting it on the table by the front door . "i'm not marrying you when you can't even talk to me , or see me when we haven't seen each other in over a year because you were at war . now you come back and nothing ? i should be the person you want go see and be with first . not your fucking boys ." i yelled angrily walking into my kitchen . "i can't explain first ?" he said as if i was out my mind .

"Explain for what ? you had over a week to come to me and explain . but no i had to find you ." i said sternly looking at him like he was crazy . "just get out ." i said leaning over my sink so i didn't have to look at him .

"i love you . but if leaving makes you happy i'll do that ." he said quietly walking away from my kitchen before i heard my front door open then close . letting out a breath i didn't know i was holding i finally let go a break down completely . of course i didn't want to do this . but it's how i felt . it's what made sense to me for the moment .

——-

It had been two days since i've seen or heard from Sonny , i was working in my moms handmade clothing shop by myself because she couldn't come in today . and she only let family work for her . we didn't have very much family .

hearing the bell go off that indicates when someone comes in snapped me out of the process i was in . i was making a custom dress for an engagement party . "We're closed , come back tomorrow , sorry" i yelled continuing what i was doing . once i didn't hear the door open again i turned around to be face to face with Sonny , "what are you doing here ?" i said watching him walk closer to me he ignored my question grabbing my face to kiss me . which i fell into automatically .

this kiss was different . it was pure , passionate but strong . strong like i was going to melt right out of his hands . "i'm sorry . so fucking sorry ." he sighed resting his head against mine . "i know i fucked up bad . but please don't leave me ." he finished . "I-I can't sonny ." i whispered looking away from him . "Ma please . i can't lose you . I know what i did was fucked up , but it was so hard to face you once i came back . I felt weak . I felt like if i couldn't protect the men out there than i can't protect you ." he sighed holding me like i was gone forever .

"But i'm one person . Out there ? that's hundreds of men . you can't save everyone Sonny . I know you want to , but you just can't ." i said honestly holding his face . "i know ma and i'm sorry . just please don't give up on me ." he said as i saw a tear roll down his face . i had never seen him cry . it broke my heart to see him cry .

"i promise baby." i said crying with him as we held each other in comfort . "i guess i gotta out our pictures up ." i chuckled trying to lighten up the mood .

"shol do ma ." he laughed , "that's some petty shit ." he said letting his head fall back as he continued to laugh . "don't take it too personal . i did it a little bit ago ." i laughed as we walked upstairs .

for hours we talked , about things we didn't want to but needed to . things we wanted to , and things that made us laugh and smile in remembrance . it was starting to get late and we were just staring at each other in admiration still in the shop . "i missed you so much ." he said kissing my lips afterwards . "how much ?" i said laughing kissing him back . "i can show you better than i can tell you" he smiled as he rubbed on my ass . "show me then ." i said smartly biting my bottom lip .

——-

the way he kissed , licked and sucked on every part of my body drove me insane . it was like he was savoring me . but also making sure i wasn't going anywhere .

the grip he had on my body was as if i was going to disappear but he didn't want me to . the slow passionate kisses he planted on every part of me was like he was taking his time to show me exactly how much he missed and loved me . and all of this passionate love making was happening in the upstairs of my moms clothing boutique . "Oh my goddddd" i whimpered out shakily as my body bucked for the umpteenth time tonight . "Tell me how good i'm making you feel baby" he groaned as he penetrated my body as a slow but rough and sensual pace .

"so fucking gooddddd" i dragged out at the end feeling him hit a spot i didn't know even existed , "shit ma" he grunted feeling me clench and unclench around him . "this shit so tight for me baby." he praised me as he kept focusing on my pleasure more than his . "you close mama , i can feel it" he smiled as he started playing with my clit edging me on even more .

"Fuckkkk , so fucking close" i cried as i held onto him for dear life as my body shook violently . "cum for me then mamas" he said kissing me before watching my face as i came completely undone . "you so beautiful baby." he said admiring me as i gave him everything i could as he gave me his .

"never leave me again" i sighed as i tried to catch my breath . "Never baby" he smiled hugging me close to him .