push you away .

TreVante Rhodes

TreVante Rhodes

It was July 4th , Me and my girls were getting ready to go to my Granny's yearly 4th of july Cookout for family , friends , and the neighborhood . My Granny was like the big momma of Brooklyn New york . All the people loved her , she was big in the community and church .

"TreVante gon be there ?" Amara asked me as she sat on my bed on her phone as she was the only one of us ready out of the group . "girl i hope so , i miss that man ." i laughed . me and Tre had a weird relationship . everyone knew we belonged to each other , we just never made anything official .

"why y'all don't just date already ? you be playing with that man ." Kami said laughing as she finished getting dressed .

"i'm not playing with him , he playing with me . and honestly i don't got time to get my feelings hurt by the one person who's been there for me since we was kids . why ruin our friendship for a relationship ?" i said shrugging my shoulders .

"how it's gon ruin it" she she looking at me like what i said was an excuse . "facts and plus yall friendship gon end up ruined the moment one of y'all start fucking with someone else ." kami said .

thinking about it she lowkey wasn't lying , all the times i almost got a boyfriend Tre made sure it didn't go no further than the talking stage . and i honestly never really liked his girlfriends , but i never really gave them a chance .

"alright y'all , enough about me and TreVante . let's go smoke , have some shots and be on our way ." i said wanting to drop the conversation as i finished my hair finally done getting ready .

i ended up wearing my camouflaged cropped jean jacket and a nude short tight summer dress . i ended up leaving my hair in its curly state just doing my edges .

"alright what we cheering to ?" Kami asked as we raised our shot glasses .

"how about girls for life ?" Amara asked . nodding we all agree , "to girls for life" we said in unison taking a shot before finishing our wood .

——

my granny had made hella food and set up a bunch of shit for us to do . seeing the guys playing basketball at the hoop she had in the backyard i go say hi to uncles , cousins , and brothers . when i got closer i seen TreVante playing as well .

"awww shit here come lil sis ." my big brother said smiling , "i was just tryna see if y'all needed some help , looks like y'all struggling to make these shots out here." i laughed hugging him . smacking is lips he pushed me lightly in a joking way , "girl how you just get out here and already treating some shit" he laughed . "i'm just playing but i did wanna ask if y'all wanted to have a big sess in the garage like old times ?" i asked . laughing he miss his head , "say less give me like five min and we'll meet y'all in there ." he said . "bet" i said watching him return to the game seeing that TreVante was watching us the whole time , "Heyyy Tre" i smiled waving . "Hey mama" he laughed asking his head at me smiling back .