Prettiest Girl .

Knox Andrews

Knox Andrews .

Racing wasn't something just anyone could do , and i've seen him around here a few times before . It was definitely in his blood . I seen the way he drove , and it wasn't bad at all . He intrigued me , i could tell he wasn't from here but i didn't mind it . He seemed to fit in pretty well with our people other than my brother . The first night i seen him he beat my brother , and my brother didn't like losing .

Tonight i was to race , and i planned on racing him . I knew the cars everyone else drove was nothing compared to the ones my family and i owned , but his told me it was almost just like it . maybe even better . Slowly pulling into the lane of cars parked as everyone danced and partied waiting for the races to begin . Slowly raking my eyes through the people and cars , i spot his as it stood only him as randoms surrounded remembering him as it seemed he was here to stay .

I had seen him come into the family diner a few times , ordering the same old nasty Tuna sandwich . It made me chuckle sometimes . But that was all the conversation we usually had as i tried my best to keep my distance from him . Slowly finding a spot to park i get out going to put my name on the tracking sheet . "What's up lil sis ." Dez smiled hugging me . "Nothing much , Tryna show these people how to really race ." I chuckled handing him the cash , "Put me next to new boy ." I said , "You talking about Knox ?" Dez laughed shaking his head . "I got you ." He smiled before making my way back to my car .

As time passed as everyone socialized , it was now time . Pulling up next to his i sensed as he watched me break softly . "You know i don't like the thought of taking money from the prettiest girl i've ever seen ." He said making me chuckle softly before looking at him . "You sure i'm not gonna be taking money from you handsome ?" I said as he smiled laughing . "I guess we'll see ." He said nodding his head to the flag girl .

"I guess we will ." I said revving my engine looking at the flag girl waiting for her signal . When she finally signaled us i took off with him right next to me the entire time . I could tell he was enjoying this as we hit every turn , and passed every stoplight . Quickly hitting another corner we drifter right with each other almost like we were in sync . Nearing the end we see our people cheering us on as he quickly let go making me chuckle . "Too soon ." I spoke to myself before letting go and passing him winning .

Getting out the car as he watched me with a slight smirk , "And who took whose money ?" I smiled before walking towards Dez . Staying and enjoying myself with a few drinks with my best friend i watched as he decided to race again , on the big screens that showed us the whole race through the streets i saw as he didn't let go too soon this time but at the exact right second only to win , he let me win . He knew he could've won .

Making my way towards the drinks i began to wonder why . "Good thing we weren't racing for pink slips ." I heard from behind me , his voice made me slightly nervous . "Please you let me win ." I said turning to look at him . "Thats only because i wanted you too." He chuckled walking towards me . "And why is that ?" I asked looking up at him . "Because now i get to ask for a rematch under one condition ." He smirked cockily making my slightly smile at his cocky ways .