Been Waiting For You .

Josiah Mayhem

Josiah Mayhem .

Sundays , they were always the day for god . That was always Mrs. Patty's favorite day . It was a day of love , and hope .

As i sat in the church i saw Josiah sitting front row , i hadn't seen him since before his grandma died . After she died he disappeared and stopped reaching out .

It hurt but i understood why . it's hard losing someone you love . and i understood why he was so hurt . his grandma basically raised him to be the man he was today .

He damn sure was a good one . As the preacher spoke , my attention went back to him as i heard my name knowing it was time for me to sing .

i had decided to sing a song his grandmother wrote , i had fell in love with the song and i knew he would too .

"Seems like yesterday...
I was in my prime .
before i knew it i was old,
staring at the end of my time .

where did the time go , where did my
youth go too .
How did i get here ?
looking and i'm almost through ,
Ohhh life .

It's but a moment.
You come and go , come and go ,
Come and gooo like the wind .
we all have an appoint in time .
until we meet the end .
you better make the most of it .
live your best life everyday .
got the live for god .
got to share your heart .
sayyyy what you need to say .

now yesterday i was young ,
but now i'm o-o-old so fast .
raised my children the best i could ..."

as i finished singing , i told the story behind the song . and when i finished i seen Josiah sitting there with a look of relief, and thankfulness .

We had grew up together , and i'm sure this was the first time he heard the last song his grandmother wrote .

"Thank you ." i said before sitting back down .

As church finished up i said my goodbyes to people , making my way outside to my car . As i head to my car i see Josiah leaning against it .

"it's nice to see you ." he said as i got close to him , "it's nice to see you too Siah ." i said hugging him . "thank you for sharing that ." he said as we pulled away .

"she would of wanted you to hear it . you meant a lot to her ." i said . "how are you doing with everything ?" i asked looking at him intently trying to read him . it was getting harder to tell , he was getting good at hiding it from me .

"I'm okay , each day gets a little easier ." he shrugs , life for him was always hard . and the one person that helped with that was gone .

"you know i'm here for you right ? i know it's been years but i still got you ." i said grabbing his face . "i know you do mamas ." he chuckled pulling his face out my hand .