Chekov pt. 8

You stood in the transporter room, kind of sad. Today was the day your father had to go home, and he had to leave in four minutes. Your father stood off to the side a little bit, eyeing Chekov with a look of superiority, while Chekov stood by you, wishing he could think of a way to make you feel better.

Scotty walked in, and got the machines ready. You turned to your dad, and gave him a huge hug. "Bye, dad. Take care of that kitten." You said, smiling.

"How do you know about Cheddar?" He asked, and you smiled even more.

"I may or may not have talked to mom. So you got me a cat?"

He sighed, and smiled himself. "Yeah, but I may keep him for myself. He's adorable." Your dad replied, then he looked at Pavel. "I don't know why, but for some reason I don't like you."

Chekov lowered his head sadly, and you frowned. "But I know you'll take care of my girl." He continued, then he got real close, and whispered loudly, "and if you break her heart, I break you."

"Yes sir." Pavel nodded, then took your hand.

"Bye (y/n), take care." He said, then he walked onto the transporter pad, and beamed out.

"Thank goodness he's gone!" You sighed, then turned to Chekov. "I always knew he was a cat person. The fact he named it Cheddar confirms it."

"Yeah, I'm glad he's gone too. He scares me a little."

"Eh, don't worry, it's not like he'll actually kill you if you make a mistake." You said, putting a comforting hand on his shoulder.

"He won't?"

"Absolutely. He'll just beat you up, really bad. "

"Oh, that makes me feel sooo much better!" He replied sarcastically, and you smiled.

"Come on, let's get some dinner, I'm hungry." You said, dragging him with you to the mess hall.