Kirk

Just a random idea

"(Y/n)! Are you alright? What happened?" Your boyfriend yelled, running to the part of the Med bay you were being examined in.

"Relax Jim, I'm fine." You said, sighing.

"You don't look fine."

"She ain't." Bones interrupted. Looking sternly at you, your eyes were closed. "She can't see."

"What? Is it permanent?" Jim asked, instantly filling with concern and questions.

"No, Jim it's not permanent. I just.....hit my head, really really hard." You said, finally opening your eyes. They were unfocused and blank.

"How long until she can see again?"

"Maybe a week. I made a solution to replace and repair the damaged cells. But it'll take a while." McCoy said, taking out a small flashlight and scanning your eyes. They did nothing to acknowledge the bright lights. "And you aren't working until then."

"Aww, come on, Bones! I can get by, just not with the big machines." You whined, looking at the wall opposite him.

"No deal (y/n), it's too dangerous. In fact, I suggest you stay in your room for the time being, not go anywhere without a friend."

"Fine, anything else I need to do?" You asked, standing up from the bed, Jim stood at your side.

"Here, wear these glasses." McCoy said, placing a pair of bulky glasses in your hand. You groaned, and placed them on your head.

Jim thanked the doctor, and took your hand, leading you out the Med bay. He lead you through a few hallways, and stopped in front of a door.

The door slid open, and he had you sit down on the couch. "So...." You said, trying to pinpoint where Jim was in the room.

"So?"

"Yeah. So, how ya been?" You asked, trying to sound nonchalant, it didn't work very well.

"Fine, and don't worry about your eyes. You'll be okay in a few days."

"Promise?" You asked, reaching out for him.

"Promise." He replied, embracing you in a hug. "How did you hit your head, by the way?"

"Eh, was climbing on a pipe." You said, waving your hand. "What else is new?"

"I still love you, blindness and pipe climbing and all." He said, smiling, though you couldn't see it.

"I love you too." You said, kissing him on the nose, thinking it was his mouth. You had to get used to being blind, just so you could kiss his lips.

A/n
This probably isn't my best work, but I'm currently watching Star Trek: The original series.

Ahhhh, cheap budgets and wonderful plots. How could I have not watched this sooner?

Don't forget to comment your requests, and I'm always here if anyone wants to talk! :)

~Clieo