It Matters How This Ends Part 90

"I will make it up to you. Plus, our wedding day is coming soon. And you know what happens after the wedding, don't you?", I tried lifting her spirits.

"A divorce?", she said with a serious face.

"What the fuck? No. Honeymoon. And we can do the thing that's long overdue.", I smiled at her.

"What's that?", she looked at me.

"You know...Coach you throught it.", I winked at her and chuckled.

"That would be nice.", she said with a smile and even though I didn't show it, I was relieved to see it.

"I hate to interrupt your thing you have going on but uh, the taxi is on its way.", Nicky said followed by an awkward smile.

I reached for Piper's hand and pulled her up.

I brought her in for a hug and kissed her cheek as she wrapped her arms around me.

We stayed that way all up until our taxi showed up.

"2286 Oak Street, please.", I said as we sat in the taxi.

The drive wasn't long, but it felt like forever. My mind raced with thoughts as I was thinking about Kubra and what we were going to do with the body. I didn't process what had happened just yet, all I knew was that it was bad. I couldn't believe two people died because of me, but I also knew that I had no choice.
Either they were gone, or I was.

"2286 Oak Street.", the taxi driver snapped me out of it. We've arrived.

I paid him and we all got out of the car.

I looked up at our appartment window and sighed.

Piper grabbed my hand and kissed my arm.

It was time to face the truth.

Piper and I walked up the stairs, with Nicky walking behind us. She was blabbering something about the girl she had picked up at the bar, but I couldn't understand a word she said. I was too concerned about the situation and what I was going to do.

"Give me the keys.", Piper said and put her hand on my jacket pocket.

I stared at the door and gave her the keys.

She unlocked the appartment door and slowly opened it.

It was quiet and dark. I slowly stepped in and reached to my right to put the light on.

Nicky and Piper followed me inside.

"What now?", Nicky asked.

"You should go.", I replied.

"What do you mean? Go where?", Piper started to worry.