It Matters How This Ends Part 86

"You always do this. You get yourself involved with the wrong people and then shit goes down and you don't know how to fix it. You involve everyone else into your shit and now I am an accomplice to murder!", she yelled in a high pitched tone.

"And you think I do that on purpose?! Trust me, I would love to fix it. But it turns out, you can't even bribe someone who wants you dead. And I don't want you involved! I told you I would take care of it, but you just freaked out, because God forbid you'd have to sit this one out and wait in the car."

"What's that supposed to mean!?"

"Come on, you know you can't resist drama.", I said in a calmer tone and chuckled.

"I'm glad you can make jokes!", she yelled at my face and turned around.

I grabbed her hand and pulled her back to me for a hug. I put my arms around her and held her close.

"What..what are you doing?", she wanted to resisit, but I didn't let go of her.

I put my head over her shoulder and took a deep breath;

"I know you're scared. This..thing that happened, it's..It's awful. And it's fucked up. But I'll figure it out.", I said in a calm tone.

She slowly put her hands on my back and burried her head in my chest.

A tear rolled down her cheek and I wiped it off with my finger.

"Can we go back to Nicky now?", I asked.

"Yeah, we should.", she said and pulled away from my hug.

We walked back to the bar and sat down at our table. Nicky was gone.

"Would you like anything to drink?", the waitress asked us.

"A margarita and a shot of tequila.", I replied.

I looked around the bar and my eyes searched for Nicky.

"Where the fuck is she?", I sighed.

"We were gone for a while. She probably left.", Piper assumed.

"Your drinks, ladies.", the waitress put them on the table and was about to leave, when I asked her;

"Hey, what happened to the blonde slash brown curly haired girl who was sitting here, at this table?"

"Oh. I wouldn't know where she went. All I saw was her talking to another woman and they left towards the restrooms together. I haven't seen any of them since."

"Jesus!", Piper exclaimed.

I chuckled and rolled my eyes;

"Of course. She's probably still getting it on. Fucking Nichols."