It Matters How This Ends Part 83

"Shit.", I put the keys in Nicky's hands and went back inside.

"Piper!", I shouted as I was walking through the appartment, looking for her.
I looked everywhere. The kitchen, the living room, the bedroom. Everywhere, except...the bathroom.
I walked in only to see her still sitting on the floor, staring at Kubra.

"Pipes? What are you doing? Come on, we have to go.", I said in a calm but nervous tone.

She didn't budge.

"Piper?! We really have to go."

She didn't move.

I stepped over Kubra and walked up to her. I kneeled down and touched her face.

"Babe?", I whispered softly.

She moved her eyes off him, to me.

"Piper? Say something.", I looked into her eyes.

She pulled me in, making me stumble and sit down on the floor with her. She wrapped her arms around me and burried her face in my shoulder. I could hear her sobbing quietly.

"It's okay.", I caressed her hair and kissed her cheek. I held her face in my hands and kissed her lips;
"I know you're in shock and I know it's horrible. But we have to go now. Everything's gonna be okay. Okay?", I wiped her tears off with my sleeve.
She stayed quiet and nodded.
I got up from the floor, took her by the hand and left the appartment.

We got into the car and drove downtown. We didn't really know where we were going and it didn't really matter. As long as we got out of that appartment and away from him.

I was terrified. I didn't know what would be worse; if he did wake up and my nightmare continued or if he didn't wake up and my nightmare began. Either way, the situation was fucked.

We walked to the nearest bar we could find and sat down at a booth. We ordered some strong drinks and none of us said a word.
We all downed the tequila shots. I looked at Piper and at Nicky. Nicky was visibly shocked and worried. Piper was scared. I was...I don't even know what I was. I couldn't believe this was happening.

"So, uh...I think we should talk about what's the next step.", Nicky broke the silence.

"Yeah.", I took a deep breath; "I guess we leave him there for a few hours. After that, we go check the situation."

"And what if the situation is, that uh, he's dead? Or alive and uh, kills us all?", Nicky looked at me.