It Matters How This Ends Part 102

Bill looked at me and didn't say anything. It was the most awkward moment ever.

He checked me out from head to toe.

"Well, it was nice to see you both. I have to go.", I decided to stop torturing myself and them, so I left. It was almost time, anyway.

"Hey, kid!"

I turned around to see Nicky, all dressed up. Her hair was still as messy as always, but I liked it.

"Hey, Nichols. Glad you could make it.", I winked at her.

"Of course! I-i mean, I was there for your first wedding so of course I have to be here for your second one, too!", she chuckled and pointed at herself;

"Like what you see, eeeh?"

"Yes Nicky. You did a great job letting the stylist dress you up. Thank you.", I smiled and pointed to the wedding altar;

"You should probably head over. The wedding's gonna start any minute."

"Sir yes sir!", she shouted mockingly and left.

Everything was set and everyone was here, except for the most important person. I tried to stay calm and not freak myself out.

The marriage officant walked up to me and walked me over to the altar;

"I sense you're a bit nervous.", he said in a calm tone and put his hand on my shoulder;

"Don't worry. Every bride is fashionably late.", he smiled at me.

His words didn't calm me down, but it was nice to see he cared.

Since there wasn't gonna be anyone walking me down the aisle, my only job was to stand there and wait.

And so I did.

The guests were seated and the band was ready. The caterers moved aside and Nicky stood by my side. The marriage officiant stood in the middle of the altar, with his little book in his hands.

Everything got quiet and tension built up.

I turned to Nicky and whispered;

"You got the rings, right?"

"Uhhhh.", she said and felt her pockets; "yes, yes. Don't worry, Vause. Everything's fine."

"Then where the hell is she?!", I whisper-shouted to her.

"You know Piper. She's probably checking herself out and making sure she looks good.", Nicky winked at me.

I looked at the guests and saw Carol in the front row and the seat next to her was empty.

"Great.", I said and turned to Nicky; "Bill left. Piper's gonna be heartbroken. That piece of shit!", I whispered and rolled my eyes.