It Matters How This Ends Part 38

"Let's go babe, chop chop!", I shouted from the kitchen.

"I'm almost ready!", Piper shouted back.

"Pipes, it's been an hour and a half. Who are you trying to impress? We're meeting our wedding planner, not Oprah."

"I love Oprah!"

"Pipes, I know you do. But that's not the point. If you're taking this much time to get ready for one simple lunch I can't imagine how long it will take you to get ready for the actual wedding."

"What? Sorry if I want to look nice."

"Pipes, you look stunning even when you wake up in the morning without any makeup and with messy hair. As a matter of fact you look more fucking gorgeous than you do when you dress up."

She walked out of the bathroom with souch a sweet and innocent look on her face. She streched out her arm and placed it against the wall. She leaned her head on it and looked at me.

"What?", I chuckled.

"Stop. That's so cute."

"You're so cute."

"Al...", she came closer and held my hands.

"Yes, Pipes?", I asked with a smile on my face.

"I love you."

I pulled her even closer;
"I love you too, Pipes. Are you ready?"

"Almost."

She opened the closet and pulled out two different pairs of high heels.

"Which ones?"

I rolled my eyes and said;
"None. I told you, you don't need all this shit. But obviously you don't understand, so I'll just have to make you understand."

I grabbed her by her waist and lifted her up over my shoulders.

"What are you doing?!", Piper shouted in laughter.

"Proving to you that you don't need no fucking heels or anything at all to be gorgeous.", I said, opened the door with her over my shoulders and carried her out of the appartment.

"Al! Put me down!", Piper laughed and screamed while gently kicking with her legs. I put her down when we were already downstairs, opened the main door and said;
"After you, my lady."

"What? I'm supposed to go barefoot? To our meeting? Our wedding meeting?"

"Yes, dear. I wanted to make you see you don't need shit to be beautiful, but obviously I didn't get through to you. So, off you go, babe.", I said and held the door open for her.