It Matters How This Ends Part 36

We woke up to a beautiful morning. It wasn't beautiful because the sun was shining. It wasn't beautiful because the birds were chirping. It wasn't beautiful because the weather was warm.
It was beautiful because I woke up next to her.
I kissed her cheek and put my hand on hers. She opened her eyes and smiled.

"Good morning, beautiful", I said and smiled back.

"Good morning, hottie", she replied.

"I'm gonna make us some coffee and breakfast", I wanted to get out of bed but she pulled me back;

"Don't go. Stay. Cuddle with me."

I chuckled; "Okay. Five more minutes."
I got back in bed and pulled her near me. Her hair smelled like heaven and she looked like an angel.

"What's on your mind?", she asked.

"Just thinking about how I ever got so lucky."

She snuggled against my chest and I couldn't help but kiss her head.

"Did you hear from Larry?", I asked.

"No. The last thing I did to him was slap him across the face and I might have broken the vase my grandma left me."

"What? How?"

"Well, I kinda threw it at him. It just slipped out of my hands!"

"It slipped out of your hands. Really? You're the worst liar ever", I laughed.

"He deserved it! But the vase didn't. Grandma's probably rolling around her grave."

"I'm pretty sure grandma is better off in that grave than witnessing all of the stupid shit you do."

"I do?!"

"Okay, okay. We do. So what are we gonna do about the money we owe him?"

"Al, are you serious? We're not gonna do shit. If anything, he's gonna help pay for the wedding. After all, he did sexually assault me."

I bursted out laughing;
"Sexually assault you?! Pipes, he's like the biggest bitch I've ever seen. He did kiss you and that was not okay and I agree, but he couldn't assault anyone even if he tried. He probably wets his pants just trying to open a jar of pickles."

"Okay, but he's still a prick."

"I never said he wasn't. And hey, if you can extort him into paying for our wedding, go for it. I got your back, my little Gangsta. For better or for worse." Piper smiled.