It Matters How This Ends 11

"What?", I asked.

"I love you, Al."

"I love you too, Pipes".

We got in her car, well, actually it was Cal's car that he gave to her and sadly, it smelled like Cal, too. I offered to drive so Piper could get some shut eye.
She fell asleep before we even drove off the parking lot and I was thinking of where to take her.

Shit! I don't have any money!

I called Larry from Piper's phone and told him to meet me at the nearest gas station.
It was a short 10 minute drive, but I could drive for hours, if it meant I could keep her safe.
Her head was resting against the passenger's window. I took off my jacket and slowly placed it under her head. Thankfully, I didn't wake her up. Honestly, I think nothing could.
The poor thing hasn't slept in forever. I was beginning to imagine if things would be different have we have never gone to jail.
Would it be a happily ever after?
Or would she be just one of my ex's? Who am I kidding, we could never be apart.
It's like we're magnets; we can try and walk away, but we'll always end up back together.

"Oh my God, Piper!", Larry shouted when he saw us pulling up and interrupted my thoughts.

I rolled down my window;
"Shhhh! You're gonna wake her up and she just fell asleep.", I quietly whispered.

"I can't believe you got to her! You did! Ah I'm so relieved she's okay."

"Yeah, yeah, now shut up and listen. I need your credit card."

"Excuse me?", Larry said in a confused voice.

"Listen, you owe me. I got her out of the appartment and she's fine but if you want her to stay fine, you're gonna have to let me take her someplace nice. And since fucking prison pays 10 cents per hour, I don't have shit in my bank account right now. I'll pay you back someday. Or not. Just do this. For her. Please?"

"Ugh, fine. But you better fix her. And don't max out!"

I grabbed the card out of his hands, got in the car and yelled;

"Thank youuu!" as I drove off.
He looked pissed. Oh well.