It Matters How This Ends Part 104

"Alex, you may read your vow to Piper.", the marriage officiant looked at me.

I looked at Piper and she looked at me. She smiled and her eyes filled with happiness and sparkled with anticipation. I took a deep breath and reached into my pocket in search for the vows I had printed out.

I looked at the piece of paper and gazed at Piper.

Here goes nothing.

"Piper. I can't begin to describe my love for you. It is bigger than the stars, deeper than the sea and higher than the mountains. It would be an understatement to say that we have been though a lot and it would be a lie to say that it wasn't hard. But, it was worth it. If I could go back, even 20 years, before I knew you...I know that I would do it all again. Even the bad things. Because every road I took lead me to you. Every lost dream lead me to where you were. And others...who broke my heart, they were like Northern stars, pointing me on my way into your loving arms. I know that there was a time when I hurt you. I did things I wasn't supposed to do and I regret every single one. My intention was never to break your heart. It was always just to make it mine, even though I had a funny way of showing it. You need to know that you are my home. You are the only one that I need and you are the only one that I see. In your arms, I feel safest; your warmth I feel the happiest; and in your love I feel the truest. You and I both know how indecisive I can be at times. I simply don't like to make decisions. But if there is one decision in my life that I know is the right one, it's to spend the rest of my life with you. There is an infinite number of things I love about you. My promise is..I promise a lot of things. I promise to be patient, loving, kind and understanding; to always be by your side and on your side. But most of all, I promise I will never leave. Instead, when things get hard, I will hold you until you're not mad at me anymore. I will kiss you and tell you it's okay. I will say silly things and embarass myself just to make you smile. Your heart is safe with me. I love you more than life itself, Piper.", my voice began to break and a tear rolled down my cheek as I smiled at her.