It Matters How This Ends Part 19

We arrived back to shore just in time for lunch.

"What do you feel like eating?", Piper asked me.

"Hmmm...you know what I always feel like eating.", I winked at her.

"I mean real food.", Piper smiled and suggested;
"How about we go for some Italian, and then you can have me as a dessert?"

I agreed.

We sat down at a cute little restaurant that overlooked the ocean. Piper sat next to me, but I asked her to sit across from me.

"Why? Don't you want me near you?", she asked.

"Of course I do, but I also want to be able to see your beautiful face."

She smirked and sat across from me. I reached over the table and held her hands. I looked over her shoulder and observed our surroundings. The ocean was so blue and pure, you could see the sand in it. The palm trees were slowly swaying in the light wind. The seagulls were circling in the air, steadily. The sky was clear, without one single cloud.
I thought the view was pretty, but she was prettier.

"Are you ready to order?", a male voice interrupted my thoughts.

"Yes, can I have the risotto and some salad on the side, please?", Piper said.

"Of course. What would you like to drink?"

"Do you have champange?"

"Pipes, wait, get some soda instead and we'll order champagne to our room. You know, to celebrate in style.", I suggested.

She agreed.

"And for you, miss?", the waiter asked.

"It's actually Mrs. Well, almost.", I said and winked at Piper.

"I'll have the lasagna and some freshly squeezed orange juice, please."

"Certainly, Mrs.", the waiter said and smiled.

We finished our meal and the waiter came back with the check. I gave him "my" credit card. He swiped it through the slot and looked at it. "Thank you, Mrs. Bloom", he said and gave it back to me. I freaked out a little inside and looked at Piper with an awkward look on my face. "Mrs. Bloom? What the fuck is that supposed to mean?"