It Matters How This Ends Part 32

"Someone's at the door!", I shouted from the bathroom.

"I'll get it!", Piper shouted back. The door opened and closed.

"What the fuck, Piper?!?!?! 35 THOUSAND dollars?! Where is she?! I'm gonna kill her!", I heard Larry's furious voice.

"Alex! Come deal with this, please. NOW!", Piper shouted.

"Looks like you got this, babe!", I shouted back, quietly closed the bathroom door and decided to stay in until he left. I might have spent slightly too much. Oops.

10 minutes went by and everything was quiet.

"Is he gone?", I asked, with the door still closed.
No answer. Okay, he must have left already. I opened the door and walked to the kitchen.
I couldn't believe my eyes. Larry's lips were on Piper's.
Piper pushed him off her;

"What the fuck, Larry?!"

"I'm so sorry, I don't know what came over me."

I stood there, not knowing of what to think. Piper looked over her shoulder and our eyes met.

"Alex!"

"Don't." I grabbed the keys to the appartment and looked for my jacket.

"Alex, wait! It's not what you think, he fucking kissed me!"

"Yeah, and you let him. See, this is why I have trust issues! This is why I'm so fucked up! It's not the first time you did this to me, either."

"What are you talking about?"

"Oh, did you forget about your little romace with that fucking tattooed kangaroo already? Or were there so many, you don't know which one I'm talking about?"

"Al, please! You don't know what you're talking about!"

"I think I see pretty good with these glasses, thank you." I looked at Larry;

"You might have lost 35 grand but I'm sure she's worth it."

I grabbed my jacket, pushed him away from the door and slammed them behind me.