It Matters How This Ends Part 46

"Sure! I'd love to catch up."

I closed my eyes for a moment in disappointment but faked a smile the next.

"See you.", I said and grabbed Piper's hand;

"Why would you agree to that?", I asked.

"Because they're my friends! Plus Polly hasn't seen me in forever. We used to be best friends and now we're like strangers. I wanna catch up on what's been going on in her life.", Piper said;

"But don't worry. It's just gonna be one quick dinner. You just take deep breaths and Alex, try to be nice! We'll get you some shots at the bar before, okay?"

"Fine.", I sighed;
"But it better be a lot of shots. I'm gonna need them."

"You have no right to be upset. Look at what I'm wearing! How typical, when I dress up and look like a damn movie star, I never run into anyone I know, but when I look like shit, suddenly everyone I've ever known decides to show up wherever I go!"

"Babe, relax. Have you seen what Larry was wearing? A brown leather jacket with white jeans, really? Is he like color blind or something?", I chuckled.

"Well, he never did have good taste. Except for women, I mean, look at me.", Piper winked.

"Yeah and that's pretty much the only thing him and I have in common. Great taste in women.", I said kissed Piper's cheek; "I'm sorry I lashed out before."

"It's okay, Al. Let's go see the movie and get some shots in your system. And a margarita in mine.", she said and took my hand.

"Hold on, hold on...No margaritas for you, babe. Don't you remember what happened the last time?"

"Oh Al, relaaaax. I'll be fine.", she winked at me and we left. The movie was dragging on and on and although it was intense and interesting, I couldn't concentrate, knowing I'll soon have to spend hours and hours looking at Larry's face. I knew it wouldn't just be a quick dinner, because that's never the case with Piper. She's going to want to talk to Polly about what's new and I'm gonna be stuck with him.

"Fuck", I said and rolled my eyes.

"What?", Piper whispered. Oh shit, did I just say that out loud?

"Nothing.", I whispered back.