It Matters How This Ends Part 80

I knew I couldn't swallow the drugs.
I kept them on my tongue inside my mouth and was starting to lose conscience.
I closed my eyes because I didn't want his face to be the last thing I saw before I left this world. Flashbacks washed over my mind.

Each flashback lasted for about one second.
I saw the prison from the outside.
I saw Piscatella.
I saw my broken arm and Piper's horrified look on her face.
I saw Nicky, with a cigarette in her mouth.
I saw Piper, kneeling and proposing.
I saw Piper and I, cuddling underneath the prison blanket.

A tear ran down my cheek as I was fighting to stay alive. I hoped she knew how much I loved her. I hoped she knew I never meant to hurt her and I hoped she knew she was always the only one.

As my memories started to fade away and my heart beat was slowing down, I knew he had won the battle. I was grateful for all of the moments I shared with her and wondered what more could have been.

Suddenly, the door busted open and Nicky and Piper were behind it. I started screaming, even though his hand was still covering my face and I was losing my strenght.

Kubra let go of me and turned to the sink. I spat out the drugs and tried to get up from the floor, but I got dizzy and stumbled, leaning against the bathroom wall. Kubra got his hands on the gun and pointed it at Nicky and Piper, then at me.

"Nobody move!", he shouted and grabbed my arm.

"Let her go, you piece of shit!", Piper screamed and made a sudden move towards him.

He tightened his grip on my arm and pointed the gun at my head;
"Make one more step, and she's dead."

Piper stopped and looked at me with tears in her eyes and I felt so helpless.

"Alright, dude, listen uh, isn't there any other way? I-i mean, I don't know who the fuck you are or what you want but uh, I'm sure the gun is unnecessary."

"Shut the fuck up!", he shouted and pointed the gun at her,
"Back off!"

"Woah, woah.", Nicky took a few steps backwards and held her hands in the air.

"Looks like I'm gonna have to kill you all. Starting with you.", he said and pointed the gun at Piper.

"No!", I exclaimed and used my free arm to elbow him in the ribs.
He let go of me and bent over, holding onto his ribs.