It Matters How This Ends Part 82

"Is he...", Piper asked and held my hand.
I looked at Nicky, wondering the same.

"What? I'm supposed to check if he's dead?"

"Well, you did hit him on the head with the ashtray.", Piper made a point.

"And you pushed him into the mirror!", Nicky almost shouted, pointing at Piper.

"Fuck it.", I said and kneeled next to him.
I looked at Piper and Nicky, took a deep breath and put my fingers on his neck in search for a pulse.
Piper put her hand on my arm and had her famous worried look on her face.

"Well?!", Nicky panicked.

"He's still alive, but barely.", I stood up and pulled Piper in for a hug.
She put her arms around me and held onto me like it was the last time.

"I hate to break this uh, very romantic moment but uh, what the fuck are we gonna do?", Nicky shouted and pointed at Kubra.

I let go of Piper and stared at him.

"Who the fuck is this, again?", Nicky looked at me and expected an answer.
I took a deep breath;
"You remember the guy we were sitting on while smoking crack?"

"Yes?", Nicky was even more confused.

"Kubra was his boss. Kubra was my boss.", I looked at her.

"Wait, what? You mean to tell me you killed your boss's assistant and now you killed your boss?! What the fuck is wrong with you?!"

"Actually, I didn't kill him since he is still alive.", I shrugged my shoulders.

"I-is this a joke?! I mean, what the fuck are we gonna do? We can't call the police. Or can we? No, shit, we can't! We're ex felons. They're gonna put us away for good!", Nicky panicked.

"Shut up.", I exclaimed;
"I need to think."

Piper sat down on the floor and leaned against the bathroom wall.

"Okay, we need to get the fuck out of here.", I said and walked out of the bathroom.
Nicky lit up a cigarette and followed me.
We put on our shoes and I put on my leather jacket;
"Let's go."
Nicky stepped outside of the appartment and I was so stressed out, I had only just realized Piper wasn't with us.

"Where the fuck is she?", I rolled my eyes.

"Piper! We have to go. Now!", I shouted and held the door open.
But she didn't come.