It Matters How This Ends Part 89

We got in and Nicky and I both put on seatbelts immediately. We exchanged each other a horrified look on our faces and hoped for the best.

Piper started the car and put it in reverse to back out of the parking lot. I leaned my head on Nicky's shoulder and she tapped my head;
"It's gonna be okay, kid.", she said, hopeful.

Piper turned around and rolled her eyes at us;

"Really!? Hand holding?! Praying?? I'm a good driver!", she exclaimed in a high pitched voice.

"Eyes on the road, babe!", I shouted and made her even more angry, in a funny way.

"Al!", she shouted and gave me a dirty look.

"Just because Kubra failed to kill me, it doesn't mean you have to finish his job.", I burst out laughing.

"That's it!", she slammed her hands on the steering wheel and started backing out faster.

"For your information, I am a very good driver!", she shouted at us and suddenly we all heard a bang, followed by glass shattering noise.

"Shit!", Piper squealed and we all got out of the car.

She hit someone else's parked car with her side mirror.

"Mamazing driver.", I chuckled and nudged Nicky with my elbow.

Piper ran her fingers through her hair while looking at the damage.

"Shit! Shit!", she kept saying over and over again and started kicking the tire.

"Pipes! Relax. It's just a mirror.", I said and put my hand on her shoulder.

"It's not just a mirror, Alex!", she kept freaking out.

"I know I'm blind which explains why I'm wearing glasses, but I still don't see any other damage.", I said, confused.

"What the fuck is wrong with me!?", she kneeled down and her eyes widened as her hands covered them.

Nicky looked at me and whispered; "What the fuck?"

I kneeled down next to her and put my hand on her back;

"Piper, you need to stop. You're spiralling out. It's just a mirror." I looked at Nicky;

"Call a taxi."

Nicky took out her phone and dialed in the number.

"Pipes...I know that the whole Kubra situation is bad, but I promise you, I will fix it.", I put my hands on her face and looked her in the eyes.

She looked at me but said nothing.