It Matters How This Ends Part 10

I gently lifted her head and placed it on my chest. She put her hands over my neck and sobbed.

"It's okay, babe. I love you. I'm here. I'm not going anywhere..unless you want me to.."

She lifted her head;

"No, please don't go. I need you. I'm a mess. Alex, I can't be without you. You are..still..my life. You are..my air. Please stay."

I smiled;

"I love you."

She leaned towards my lips and softly kissed me. I could taste the salt from her tears, but I didn't mind it. She was all I cared about.

"What are we gonna do with you, Pipes? What happened in here?",
I asked her as I wiped her tears from her cheeks.

"I...I don't know. I was so lost without you...All this time..I guess I meant it literally, when I said you were my life.", she said.

I placed my hands on her face and looked into her eyes, that had so much pain in them, but were so pure and innocent. Her lips were calling my name and her blonde hair was falling perfectly down her shoulders.
She was so beautiful.

"Are you trying to tell me you stayed single all this time? I don't believe it. You could never be alone...plus you're way too gorgeous", I said jokingly.

"Stop it", Piper smiled.

"No, I'm not saying I was alone all the time..I tried dating others, but it just wasn't the same. I wanted you. I looked for you in everybody. I suppose you were right, once you have that connection with someone, it never really goes away. I'm so happy you're here. And I'm sorry I tried to kill you with the frying pan.", she laughed.

"You're unbelievable", I said and laughed with her.

"Do you wanna get out of here?" I asked.

"God yes." and with those words, I grabbed her by the hand and we left the appartment.

"Where are we going?"

"Jeez Pipes, you'll see. Actually I don't even know. Let's just get in the car and drive around. Let's be spontaneous."

"Okay. Plus, we don't have to be back for count", Piper tried to make a joke.

"Ha-ha, very funny. Now stop with the prison jokes, I just got out and I can't even think about it."

Piper suddenly stopped in the middle of the parking lot and pulled me by the hand.