It Matters How This Ends Part 111

Carol and Bill were one of the first ones to leave. Piper and I walked them to the boat that was waiting for them and said our goodbyes. "See you, honey. Have a wonderful time on your honeymoon and for godness sake, don't forget to write. And call.", Carol kissed Piper's cheek and smiled at me.

"Take care of her. I know you'll treat her well.", Bill tapped my shoulder and winked at me. I smiled politely and put my arm over Piper's shoulder. We watched them get on board and as they sailed away, we went back to the party.

It had been a long day and all I really wanted was time alone with Piper, but the guests weren't on the same page as me. They were having fun, still drinking, dancing and talking amongst eachother. Piper seemed to be enjoying herself and I didn't want to take that away from her, so I sat down on the bar stool and observed her. I watched her beautiful blonde hair and I wondered, how is it that they always fall so perfectly? I watched her soft, gentle hands and wondered, how is it that they fit so perfectly into mine. I watched her beautiful sparkling eyes that I had fallen in love with right away. Her perfect lips were covered in soft pink lipstick and I could swear, she was the most precious and beautiful woman I have ever laid my eyes upon. She was laughing about something someone had said and even though I couldn't hear her laugh with my ears, I could still hear it with my heart. It was stuck in my head like a melody and I could never forget that sound. It was the most beautiful sound I have ever heard.

A couple of hours later, everybody was beginning to leave. Piper thanked them for coming and we shook their hands. Soon, it was just the two of us. We sat down on the sand and I put my arm over her. We were happy.

"Hey Al, I know we're supposed to return to the hotel, but how about we just sleep right here?", Piper looked at the sand and at me.

"Whatever you want, babe. Long as you're happy.", I kissed her cheek and laid down. She did the same and put her head on my chest. We fell asleep watching the stars, but I still thought she was a better view.