It Matters How This Ends Part 39

"Well, here we are", I parked the car and got out.
Piper was still sitting on the passenger seat, sulking with her arms crossed. I walked to her side and opened the door for her. She didn't move a muscle.

"I'm not getting out of this car, Alex."

"Oh, yes you are."

"No, I am not. So have fun at the meeting and make sure you tell her that I want white lillies. And purple orchids."

I stood there, with my arm on the open car door and raised my eyebrows at her;

"C'mon babe, I promise I'll buy you a lollipop after, I hear that's what kids like. Since you wanna act like one.", I winked.

"Nope. Not gonna happen."

"Alright, you leave me no choice."

I leaned in the car and reached for her waist. I gently pulled her to the end of the seat and lifted her up.

"Alex! Put me down! Now!"

"Sorry babe, no can do.", I closed the car door and carried her to the restaurant reception.

"Al! Stop this! It's embarassing! And I'm not wearing any fucking shoes to top it all up, thanks to you!"

I laughed and put her down;

"You know Pipes, walking barefoot is actually really healthy for you."

"Oh yeah? So how come you're wearing shoes then?"

"Well..."

"No, nothing "well". Put them off."

"Seriously?"

"Yes, seriously."

I rolled my eyes and put off my shoes;

"The things I do for you."

Piper looked at me and wasn't sure whether to laugh or be in shock. I grabbed her hand and led her to the table. The wedding planner was already seated.

"Hello, you must be Miss. Rogers."

The lady stood up.

"Yes, and you must be the happy couple."

"More like the barefoot couple", Piper mumbled and gave me the dirty look.

"Yes, it is very nice to meet you, Miss Rogers.", I ignored Piper and shook her hand. We all sat down at the table and ordered drinks.

Three hours and a half later, we had gone through almost everything. The flower arrangements, the band, the food, the place, the napkins even. There was only one more thing to decide on...