It Matters How This Ends Part 84

"You're gonna stay in the car with Piper. I'll go in by myself.", I said and ordered another few shots of tequila.

"No!", Piper suddenly snapped;

"You are definitely not going in there by yourself! Do you realize how dangerous that is? No, Alex. Definitely not."

I sighed;
"Listen, Pipes. It's more dangerous for all of us to go in. I can handle it. Relax."

"Oh yeah, like you could handle the Aydin situation and how you just handled Kubra? You can't handle shit!", she exclaimed and left the table.

"Fuck.", I downed another shot, "Piper, where are you going?", I stood up from the table.

She didn't say anything and kept walking away.

"I have to..Will you be fine? I just..", I looked at Nicky and before I could even finish my sentence, she had already given me the green light.

I chased after Piper and followed her onto the street.

"Piper, wait!", I shouted.

"What?", she stopped on the sidewalk.

"Where are you going?"

"What's it to you?"

I chuckled in confusion;
"Um, for starters, you're my wife."

"Just leave me alone.", she said and wanted to walk away, when I grabbed her hand.

"Let go of me!", she shouted.

"Piper, what the fuck? What is your problem?"

"What's my problem!? I don't know, Alex. Maybe the fact that you keep killing people or maybe the fact that people keep want to kill you. I really can't decide.", she said in a sarcastic tone.

"Like I asked for this!", I defended myself.

"Actually, you did, Alex. You kept going when you could have easily stopped. If you just stopped when you had the chance, none of this would have happened. The Paris incident, the prison, Aydin, Kubra. None of this would have happened!"

"What?! So this is all my fault?", I gasped in shock.

"Whatever. I'm not doing this.", she said and walked away.

"Piper, wait.", I said and ran after her, but she kept walking.

I was trying to talk to her and she kept ignoring me, when all of the sudden a woman started waving at her and calling her name.

"Shit!", she exclaimed and stopped.

The woman walked up to her and gave her a hug; "Where have you been? You didn't return any of my calls!"

"Hey, mom. I'm sorry, it's been a hectic few months."