It Matters How This Ends Part 12

As we were driving down the highway, I looked at Piper.
She was still sleeping.
I started thinking about everything that we went through. I felt bad about certain things I did to her..as I was losing myself in our memories, she reached for my hand.
Her eyes were still closed and her breathing was still slow. She must have still been asleep and that's what made it so special.
I held her hand with my left hand and drove with my right and in that moment, I knew exactly what I wanted.

I looked at her and whispered;

"I will never let you go again."

I looked out the window and I felt so grateful. Everything about this world made me happy. She made me happy.

About an hour later, she woke up.

"Where are we?"

"We're almost there", I said and drove off the highway.

We arrived to our destination.
I chose to take her to the seaside.

"Wow, this is where we're staying?", Piper asked, once she saw the hotel.

"No, my dear, we're staying THERE.", I pointed to a complex of little houses that were built near the hotel.
Piper jumped in my arms and I could feel her happiness. We walked to the reception and got our keys.

"Here babe, go inside and take a nice long bath. I'm gonna go to the hotel shop and buy us some clothes.", I said to her.

"You're the best", she kissed me on the cheek and left.

I was looking around the shop and saw a yellow dress with pink flowers on it. It was short in the front and long in the back and I knew right away that she would look gorgeous in it. It would be perfect for what I had planned.
I got the dress with a couple of other things and left the shop. As I was walking back to our house, I saw a boat near the pier.
The sign read "for rent" and there was a man next to it.

"Excuse me, is the boat free for rent for tonight?", I asked.
It was.
I made a reservation for 8 PM.

"This is going to be perfect.", I mumbled to myself.